Friday, November 02, 2007

A Peaceful Day

We had a good day today. Bailey's feeling good and we laughed a lot today. We got here to ICU at 11:30 last night - they were delayed moving us down here because of a code. I don't like codes here - they're scary and sad. I just thank God every minute that it isn't us. We are in a much better room than last weekend. Last weekend we were right inside the double doors. This time, we are down the hall and around the corner. It's much quieter and darker at night. It is very pleasant down here. They've started weaning Bailey off of the nitric oxide. She was at 10 - now she's at 6 - and she's doing very well. A slow, steady wean is what we're praying for.

It was pretty funny last night after we got down here. I was nestling around in my recliner trying to get comfy and, after laying there facing the dark black window for a while with my nose about 6 inches from the glass, I was just starting to doze off when I heard something that sounded like someone tapping on the window. Gee whiz!! I always try to calm Bailey's nerves here at the hospital -- you know, that's what moms do -- and I tell ya, I contributed to her nerves at that moment. Her eyes got really big and she patted her bed, scooted over, and said, "Well, come over here and lay with me!" She's so sweet, and we both laughed. Then we talked through it and ended up seriously doubting that someone was tapping on our second-story window. After we both calmed down, we both slept really well.

Some really good friends of our visited today and delivered to Bailey a football autographed by Jeff Saturday. How cool is that?! She's been showing everyone who enters the room. I told her I was going to sleep with it in my recliner. I believe her response was, "Na-ah!"

When the doctors were coming around for rounds this morning, our curtain to our room and the sliding glass door were both closed, but we could see several shadows of people through the curtain, and one of them looked like they were leaning on the sliding door. We figured it was the group of doctors rounding, and Bailey says with a great big ornery smile, "Hey, Mom! We oughta slide the door open really fast and see who falls through the curtain!" We just sat there and laughed and watched the curtain, and pretty soon Dr. Ebenroth walks through the door. We had to explain why we were cracking up laughing. He laughed right along with us.

No anxiety issues today like Bailey had last night. Hopefully those won't return, but we mentioned it to Dr. Darragh, and he just said something like, "Well, duh!" She's an incredibly strong young lady. I know I've written about that before, but it really is true.

I get to go see Josie play volleyball tomorrow. I'm so excited about that! Jenny is going to come sit with Bailey while I'm gone. That puts my mind at ease - she'll be in very good hands.

Well, rest well, everyone. We'll try to do the same.

Angie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys feel like having a little fun. You both are wonders! Thank the Lord for this Blog. I feel at least that I know what is going on, although Vickie does a good job of telling Dad. I was puny all last week and Dick didn't feel good on Sunday, hopefully we can come see you Monday even if we only get to peek in the windows at you. We sure wouldn't want to take you a bug! We love you all and good luck to Josie on the volley ball game. MOM

11:46 PM  
Blogger Aunt Vickie said...

That's the best thing I've read in weeks and great to hear. Keep up the good work. See you guys a little later this morning. Love you both.

Aunt Vickie

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys-

Awesome! I am soo thankful for both of you to hear about laughter.
I hope and pray that this is a
turning point for Bailey. Have a blessed day and hopefully we can
come and see you soon.

Peace-

Dee

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for good news two days in a row! I have been stormin' Heaven with prayers for both of you. You have been through too much. I'm continuing to pray and believing each day will bring more healing and you will soon be back home, healthy and strong. Last Sunday we sang a chorus at church I had never heard before. It made me think of you guys, so I will share it: "God has a way of working it out; everything you've been worried about. So don't be discouraged, don't ever doubt. Because God has a way of working it out."

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bailey & Angie:

Thank you, thank you. It was a great update. Laughter is a good medicine - it eases so many things.

It always surprises me when you question the strength both you and Bailey have. Everyone else knows you are the strongest and bravest people we know and admire.

Much love and hugs,

CAROL

12:10 PM  
Blogger cindy jean said...

hi guys, im prety new at this so bare with me ok ? so glad to hear the last couple of days are going more smoothly !!! what to say to you two ?? just keep up the good work and enjoy every moment in this world of ours!!someone very special is watching you both very carefully!! be safe and happy when possible. love cindy and lilly

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home