Thursday, November 01, 2007

Cardioversion #23

Bailey woke up to get weighed in at 3 pounds lighter. That was pretty exciting! She had a really good restful night (and so did I) and they took her for cardioversion around 11am. While they had her under, a urologist came and scoped her to see if they could find any reason why she had blood in her urine (that came back last night when they started the heprin drip because of her flutter). They found trauma from the foley cath they placed last Friday in her drain procedure and an ulcer-like area that was actively bleeding. They cauderized that and no more bleeding . . . however, she was in severe pain the first 3 times she peed after the procedure today -- crying and shaking and sweating. It is still painful to pee, but nothing like the first 3 times. And the cardioversion took 5 times before they could get her in rhythm, so she's starting to feel the muscle soreness associated with that. After today's procedure, Dr. D told us to not be surprised if we get taken back to ICU because of the nitric. It is outside of hospital procedure to have nitric on the heart center, and someone in the powers-that-be is insisting she go back to ICU. So, we've packed all our stuff again, and are waiting on the crowd of medical staff to whisk us away and down 2 floors. It's a little bit of disappointment, but we're both in a much better mental state than we were 2 or 3 days ago so it won't be so bad. And, Dr. D said he hopes we'll only be down there a day or 2 until he can get her weaned off the nitric. They haven't come for us yet and we were told they'd be here around 7:30 or 8:00. We just decided that I'm going to climb in bed with Bailey and we're going to pile all our luggage at our feet, and when they come to get us, assuming it will be the middle of the night, we won't even have to wake up for it. Ha!

I think Bailey's having anxiety issues. Goodness knows she has enough reasons to be anxious. She had a few moments of gasping for air and "not feeling herself" tonight. All her "numbers" on the monitor looked good and they took some blood to look at those numbers, and everything was fine. I think the recurrent ICU issue may have contributed. And everything she's been through physically today, it's no wonder. I think the typical person would have had anxiety issues a long, long time ago. We'll talk to Dr. D tomorrow, of course, to see if we need to do something about that. Hopefully the ICU stay will be short, easy, and uneventful.

Have a good night, everyone.



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my girls....sure have been thinking about you this week. I hope that tonight finds you resting peacefully. I love you.

Mary Ann

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Ladies!!
I hope you had a peaceful night
and today brings much sunshine. I am praying for everyone. Miss you!

Peace & Blessings-


9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying to find out how to post comments.

Love, Grandma and Grandpa

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie and Bailey:
It is so good to hear that you both had a peaceful nights sleep last night. I am hoping today was a great day for you both.
Love and prayers to you both! Much love and hugs...... Lori

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey & Angie:

I checked the blog every day I was gone - hoping for good news. Maybe the next blog will be the best one yet.

I'm so sorry you two are having such an ordeal (especially Bailey).

Prayers and Love, CAROL

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home