Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Fairly Uneventful Day

We both slept better last night. I woke up several times to glance at all the numbers in all sorts of pretty colors on the monitor and they looked pretty good throughout the night. She had a pretty good morning, although she did throw up once. They weighed her early this afternoon -- they had to track down a scale. They must not weigh very much in ICU. Our nurse found a really old kind that they had at the doctor's offices before the digital ones - the kind that slides. Believe it or not . . . because we didn't believe it really . . . she weighed 111, which is what she weighed the day she had her procedure. Oh, we were so disappointed. We're hoping the scale is just so old that it's off by about 10 lbs. The chest x-ray this morning looked better than yesterday morning, although she still has some fluid in her lungs. She's still on nitric oxide, although they're weaning her down every 6 hours. At that rate, we'll still be in ICU tomorrow. I'm hoping Dr. D will come in and speed things up a bit. Bailey really doesn't like being in ICU. Everything is so much more intense - as it really should be since it's ICU. But it is very different from the comfort of the heart center.

She had a good afternoon visiting aunts, uncles and cousins. She got her foley cath out and was a new person. She can now move around much easier and is sitting up more - that makes it much easier for her to breathe. She'll breathe short and shallow at times, but her BP today has been pretty good.

Well, as seems to be our thing, we don't know what's in store for us short-term or long-term. We're hoping to be home by halloween. If we are, Bailey has decided to go trick-or-treating as a hospital patient. Ha! That will be an easy costume to create. Tom's at home helping Riss with her costume - they were supposed to go to K-Mart tonight to pick it out. Sometimes she has the attitude of, "Oh, I don't know what I want to be. Just forget it." Hopefully Tom and J0sie can help her out. Tom's already purchased the halloween candy, so he's doing a good job of keeping the household running.

I gotta get back to Bailey. She has sent me off to make her some popcorn (low sodium, of course). I'm sure she's tapping her fingers on her bedside table by now. Ha!

Love you all.

Angie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey & Angie-

Hello! I hope you get some rest tonight. Can we come and see
Bailey? We really miss you guys
and want to come and bring her
some fun things. We are still praying and hoping to see you soon!

Peace & Blessings-
Dee, Mark & Kids
majbeacon@aol.com

9:47 PM  
Blogger cindy jean said...

Good Day !!! Kep up the good work. I think of you both so often , always wondering how goes the time for the AAAA team .Hope tomorrow is even better than today . You need to get that little fanny home ! Vickie will explain who I am. I have the most positive thoughts for all of you !!


Sleep tight

Cindy Reid Jean

10:01 PM  
Blogger Greg Livingston said...

Bailey,
Saw your mom on the Unit tonight,she said you were getting better. You need to, so you can come back to your second home ( The Heart Center). We all miss you, I know you would rather be home with the rest of your family, but if you have to be in the hospital, the Heart center is where you belong!!!!! Keep on getting better, hope to see you soon !!!!!! Let me know if I can do anything !!!!!!

Greg

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angie & Bailey:

Today's blog was great to get. Keep the faith.

OXOOO Carol

10:09 PM  
Blogger carmelapples said...

Morning Glories!

It was great to get some time together yesterday. I'm trying to get my morning work load finished so I can "fly" those veggies and treats over to you today. I hope they taste good. I went through the whole bin trying to get the freshest!! I think Brian thought I was nuts. He didn't think it mattered...since he doesn't eat any!! :) We got home and as I was unpacking the groceries, he found a "lost bag of raddishes" in the back of the fridge drawer that looked like they had been there for at least 6 weeks (Oh, come on people! We all know EVERYBODY has lost items in their fridge!). He picked it up by two fingers and said..."Here, just wash these up for her!" See, the reason that is so funny to him is that we argue all the time about not wasting food because he won't eat leftovers. I always boast about not wasting anything...until he found the brown radishes! Oh, well. You can't win em' all, right!

Don't worry, yours are fresher than fresh...I had to knock "Freshy Freshington" out of the way to get to them first. I hate that commercial!...Freshy Freshington? And to think they PAY people to write that stuff! ; )

Look forward to seeing you later. I got some surprises, too.

Love you, Deb

9:04 AM  
Blogger Grandma Carol said...

Hi Bailey, I'm so glad they have been able to get a lot of that fluid off of you -- I know you have to feel a lot better! Think of you often and wish I could give you a "squeeze" but I'll just have to do it long distance for awhile, huh? Hope you get home for Halloween and how original of you to think of being a "hospital patient." That's too funny! Papa Tom and I are sending up lots of prayers for you (and Mom) and you are both always in our thoughts! Keep getting better and keep Dr. T on his toes! Ha! He needs a challenge every once in a while and you're just the one to do it!! Love you Bunches!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home