Friday, October 26, 2007

Dr. T Sums It Up: "It's a good day, Bailey."

Today started out rough. Our nurse woke us up at 6:30 to tell us she needed another I.V. and, even worse, they had to move so quickly that she couldn't wait the 15 minutes or so for numbing cream. So, it was another tough time getting it in, but we got it in and Bailey was, once again, incredible. We, of course, never got back to sleep, and her INR number was down a lot from last night but not enough still for the procedure, so they gave her 2 more units of PFF. They pre-treated her this time with Benadryl so no scary reactions. But she did get nauseous and sick earlier in the day. Her INR was low enough to do the procedure to draw off fluid and put in a central line (so she won't have to get stuck anymore . . . at least this visit) but not to do the lung biopsy. So Dr. T took her back about 2:30 and at 4:00 we were called to recovery where she was already feeling great. She said, "Look, Mom, I'm laying on my back and I can breathe." He took 2.5 litres off of her in surgery, and after they got her to ICU they hooked up the pump and I can't even begin to tell you how much more fluid has come off, but lots. Her tummy looks SO much better already and, the best part . . . ready for this? . . . she's peeing a BUNCH on her own . . . yes, that's WITHOUT diuretic. We're so happy. Dr. T and she have been going at it, of course. He keeps messing with her foley cath . . . amazed at how much she's peeing on her own . . . and he says, "That's impressive." She simply responds with, "I know I am." Ha! It's such a joy to see her happy and feisty and so good to see him happy and feisty. They are a pair.

I'd better get back up there. I'm on the heart center posting but she's in ICU. Scott's with her so I need to get back. Dr. T said she tolerated the 2.5 litres coming off great. There's always a risk of her B.P. dropping too low as all this fluid comes off - they're watching that closely. So far, so good.

Gotta go!

Angie

9 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Vickie said...

Awesome, fabulous, go Dr. T, woo hoo!!! Sounds like she deserves "P" aware number 2. That's so great to hear. We were burning up the phone lines this evening after Tom called and said things went well. I'm so happy that Bailey's belly is better and she feels so much better. That has to feel fabulous. Maybe I need one of those pumps...haha. Hope my poison ivy dries up quick so I can see you this weekend. I'm hoping for Sunday maybe after you get out of ICU. Love you both and hope the next 24 hours goes great. Maybe you both will sleep well tonight.

Hugs and Kisses
Aunt Vickie

8:07 PM  
Blogger Aunt Vickie said...

P.S. That was suppose to be "P" AWARD number 2. Geez.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angie & Bailey:

This update was the best birthday present I received today, maybe in years! Keep up the good work. Looking forward to tomorrow's update. I guilted Susan into going to Virginia with me next week to see Jane. She had "both" knees replaced on Monday, and I need to see her. They are always our babies no matter how old they get. I'll be checking the blog daily and would very much appreciate another blog similar to the one tonight (like "we're home"). Susan says hello. I'm still carrying a torch for Dr. T.

Much love, hugs, kisses and all that stuff to both of you.

Love, CAROL

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey/Angie, so glad to hear the great news before bed. After Tom called, I knew things went well, but it is always nice to see it on the blog too. Hopefully, we'll be able to see you tomorrow if visitors will be possible. Sleep well ladies!!

Love Aunt Robin

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to here that she has gotten rid alot of fluid, hopefully she'll be able to sleep better now. Hope tomorrow is an even better day!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie & Bailey-

I am sooo happy for both of you!
What a blessng it is to have such
wonderful doctors and an "angel"
for a patient. We are so relieved
to know that Bailey is feeling so much better. Get some sleep and have some better days ahead and
Bailey- We love ya!!!!

Mark,Dee, Kids & yes- the turtle
(by the way he is doing fine)
after the bucket of food!!HA!!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning: I think this is the best news I / we have heard in a long while!! So, nice to hear that you are able to pee on your own and that your belly is feeling better. Have a great weekend and stay feisty!! Dr. T you are awesome.
Love and prayers, Lori

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! I am so happy for both of you. What wonderful news! I pray the upward trend continues, and that you're home soon.

Love,
Jennifer

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie,
We've been keeping up with your blog and want to see you and Bailey. Email me if we can visit this week anytime!!!- Dawn and Steve Denny
dawndenny@att.net - Bailey has Steve's cell phone, too! Feel free to call that!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home