Saturday, November 03, 2007

Another Good Day

Weaning very slowly on the nitric oxide - we're down to 5. Slow and steady is always good. We're in no hurry to get out of ICU. We have very good nurses and they are very considerate of our needs. There are a few inconveniences such as not being able to use my cell phone and having to leave the room to take a shower, but that's working out all right. I was able to leave Bailey with Jenny this morning and afternoon while Vickie picked me up to go get Josie and Marissa and go to Josie's volleyball game at the YMCA in Greenwood. That was such a nice and relaxing time. I knew Bailey was in very good hands with Jenny, so that put my mind at ease enough to enjoy the time away. Josie had a great time playing volleyball. She lost to the first team, but won against the second team. They each played 3 games for a total of 6 games. Between the 5th and 6th games, Marissa just looks straight ahead with slumped shoulders and such a hopelessness to her voice and says, "This is never gonna end." Ha! She's so funny. She was just wanting to make us laugh. Vickie and the girls then dropped me back off at the hospital and they all went out to Vickie's house to spend the night. They'll have fun out there. They love visiting Uncle Giff and their cousins Christian and Cody.

Bailey and I are having a laid-back evening. I'm reading a bood I found in the gift shop and she was checking he e-mail on the laptop and watching the Disney channel. She's now requesting some food, so I must go. A restful and medically-noneventful day -- a good day.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Angie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie & Bailey:

I just had to check for a new blog before I went to bed. It was great to read about your day. All your girls are special.

Keep feeding that girl - I can remember her requesting two green grapes.........

Love & stuff, CAROL

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie & Bailey-

What a wonderful day and much needed rest from all the happenings. We are thinking of you
and praying. I just wanted to check on both of you. Hopefully,
we can come & see you soon!
Much Love-

Dee, Mark & kids

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home