Monday, February 28, 2005

A New Neighbor

Another good weekend! Eating well, sleeping well, playing well . . . what could be better? Dr. T turned her Berlin Heart down to 40 today. Echo tomorrow.

I don't know if I adequately reported, but the song Dr. T "sang" for the scavenger hunt was "Smoke on the Water". He didn't actually sing - he recited. Anyway, Music Therapy let Bailey keep an electric keyboard in her room this weekend and the nurses brought her the music to "Smoke on the Water". So Dr. T popped in yesterday and she played it for him. I missed it - I was at home, but Bailey called me and said he laughed so hard he cried. I would love to have seen that!

Bailey's got a new neighbor - the little boy flown here from Afghanistan! I haven't met them yet - they're all sleeping (must be jet lag). There's the dad and the boy, and an interpreter (a 21 year old Afghan guy who's never been to the U.S. before) and a Major from the U.S. military. Scott wrote their names down, but I'm not sure that's gonna help me! I hear they are all very nice.

I enjoyed my time at home this weekend. It just pulls me emotionally in so many directions though - I absolutely hate leaving Bailey here, but it is so nice to see my family and my home. But there's definitely a hole there since Bailey's not home.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Talk to you tomorrow.

Angie


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home