Monday, February 28, 2005

A New Neighbor

Another good weekend! Eating well, sleeping well, playing well . . . what could be better? Dr. T turned her Berlin Heart down to 40 today. Echo tomorrow.

I don't know if I adequately reported, but the song Dr. T "sang" for the scavenger hunt was "Smoke on the Water". He didn't actually sing - he recited. Anyway, Music Therapy let Bailey keep an electric keyboard in her room this weekend and the nurses brought her the music to "Smoke on the Water". So Dr. T popped in yesterday and she played it for him. I missed it - I was at home, but Bailey called me and said he laughed so hard he cried. I would love to have seen that!

Bailey's got a new neighbor - the little boy flown here from Afghanistan! I haven't met them yet - they're all sleeping (must be jet lag). There's the dad and the boy, and an interpreter (a 21 year old Afghan guy who's never been to the U.S. before) and a Major from the U.S. military. Scott wrote their names down, but I'm not sure that's gonna help me! I hear they are all very nice.

I enjoyed my time at home this weekend. It just pulls me emotionally in so many directions though - I absolutely hate leaving Bailey here, but it is so nice to see my family and my home. But there's definitely a hole there since Bailey's not home.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Talk to you tomorrow.

Angie


9 Comments:

Blogger Diane Roe said...

Angie: I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for these updates. Sue and I were discussing them Friday, and we are so impressed by your understanding of the medical procedures and your ability to explain them to all of us. We so enjoy your ability to report interesting but "small" incidents, as well. These are so helpful to us and help us feel "connected" to you and Bailey. We miss you here at work, but we are really encouraged by Bailey's progress! Both of you, take care. Love, Diane

6:45 AM  
Blogger Aunt Vickie said...

Whew, what a week! For everybody. I miss you guys so much. I don't think I've been there since last Monday. Things kind of went haywire after that. We'll get back in the swing of things this week. I hope to come up today at lunch. I want to see you eat! :) Love you lots, Aunt Vickie.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann Lucas said...

Hi there my girls! Bailey it sounds like you are the hit of Riley. You are going to have another whole new set of friends by the time you come home. You are a lucky girl to have so many people who love and care for you. You are doing so great! Keep up the good work.

Hi Ang! I think about you every day and I'll get down there to see you sometime this week. Thanks so much for your updates. You are loved!

Mary Ann

9:58 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Sounds like another fun weekend! I was reading the stories about the little boy from Afhanistan. He's got the best doctors working on him now! I'm praying everything goes well with your echo today - good luck! Thanks for the updates Angie! Wish I could come visit! (Angie - it's good you get to go home on the weekends, you need to take care of yourself, too!)

Love, Lara

11:05 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Sounds like another fun weekend! I was reading the stories about the little boy from Afhanistan. He's got the best doctors working on him now! I'm praying everything goes well with your echo today - good luck! Thanks for the updates Angie! Wish I could come visit! (Angie - it's good you get to go home on the weekends, you need to take care of yourself, too!)

Love, Lara

11:05 AM  
Blogger Scott Andrews said...

Angie: I just wanted to say that Stacey and I are thinking of Bailey, you and your family in our prayers. It is great to hear that she is doing so well, and continuing to have such a great attitude during this process. She truly is a tough little girl. Again, I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that we will keep you all in our prayers and if there is anything we can ever do, please let us know. Keep in touch and I'll continue to check the updates! God Bless,

Scott

11:27 AM  
Blogger Cindy Adams said...

OK....somewhere along the line I'm having some trouble visualizing this whole Dr. T Smoke on the Water thing....Where are the guys with the camera when you need them!

I'll be anxious to hear about the echo today!

You guys are doing great! Ang - I know you are torn but DON'T stop going home occasionally! It is good for you and for your family too!

Love you guys.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Nancy DeCamp said...

Hey Bailey & Angie! Sounds like a good weekend. You are constantly in our prayers! I know you might face moments of being anxious about getting out of there, Bailey, but I just thought I would encourage you. Angela got her learners permit and is starting to drive - so MAYBE you are safer there than on the southside!!!!! HA! Keep up the great work. I hope to see you both soon!
Love,
Nancy

1:40 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

Angie - I can only reiterate what everyone here has been saying! Your posts are informative, heartwarming and certainly make us feel as if we're right there with you and Bailey!

Of course, I'm thrilled at how well Bailey is doing - that's the most important thing!!!!

You're both in my prayers!!!!

Love,
Annette :)

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home