Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Apples and Root Beer for Breakfast

Bailey slept great last night - which means, I slept great too. They took her off her Lasix I.V. drip, so she didn't have to go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night. Yeah!! She was awake about 30 minutes this morning when she sent me to McDonalds for some Apple Dippers and root beer. I think that's a sure sign that her appetite is coming back! She's had several snacks today - something she hasn't done in over a month.

We took 2 walks today down to the atrium - she did a little crocheting on her second trip. Dr. Terrentine is a little concerned that she's going to join the smokers out front with a cheeseburger from McDonalds at 2 a.m. I have no idea where that thought came from. I think he's still running on the excitement from the pilots yesterday. (David, I didn't know you were a pilot - that's so cool! We watched Cool Runnings yesterday - I'm ready for our next trip!)

The Riley computer guy came around today and gave Bailey a user ID and a password to get on an internet site where she can chat with other kids in hospitals all around the world. It sounds really neat. She hasn't tried it out yet, but hopefully soon. (I'm also trying to get her to post her own message here, but she's been too tired in the evenings. We'll get there!)

Have a great evening!
Angie
(Bailey does say "hello" to everyone!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Godshall said...

Hello Bailey,
Good to hear you are progressing nicely and that Dr. Turrentine thinks so also. I am glad you are eating too (from a former Riley dietitian--me)...
I will continue to pray for you and your mom and sisters.....hopefully you will be home soon.
Love,
Barb Godshall (Bruce, Blair and Brett, too)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

Hi Bailey! So glad things are going well! Every day you get a new surprise and learn new things! Writing to kids in other countries is cool too - I had a pen-pal from England when I was about your age.

I know that you must be feeling better if you're drinking root beer for breakfast!

Angie - glad things are going so well! I'll keep praying for Bailey and your family! Thanks for writing your wonderful updates!

Love you both,

Annette

9:17 PM  
Blogger Grandma Carol said...

Good morning, Bailey! So it's root beer and apple dippers for breakfast, huh? Yum! That's really cool that you will be able to chat with other kids who are in the hospital - anywhere in the world! How awesome! I missed American Idol last night as I had to work. Oh well, life goes on! Ha! It looks like it might be a sunny day today - cool, but nice! I know you have been enjoying the fresh air! Keep up the good work! Love to see you feeling better every day! Papa sends his love! See you soon! Here's your riddle for the day.

What is the best material for kites? A. Flypaper.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Rev. Evans said...

Bailey,
I am glad you had another good day yesterday. That is great!! Just know you are still in my prayers each and every day. I will see you when I get back from Florida. I leave tomorrow morning.
Angie, our next trip to Jamaica is May 6-14, 2006. I am already getting excited. Have a great day!
Rev. David

9:44 AM  
Blogger Nancy DeCamp said...

Hi Bailey & Angie! It is so encouraging to see and hear of your progress. Little by little you will get there girlfriend. I'm about ready to send Mike up to stay with you. He got a pinched nerve in his neck over the weekend and has been in some pretty bad pain. He got some good drugs so the girls say he is really "Happy"! Ha! You could have some fun with that! We continue to pray for you every day. Keep up the great work and I hope to get up there again soon.
Love ya! Nancy

11:02 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

Bailey and Angie,
With all the excitement and visitors, the days must pass quickly. Yeah!!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you're up and around and snacking. But if you really want a treat, try the french fries at Steak'n'Shake. When I come to visit next week, I'll bring some to share.

Miss you both,
Andi

1:22 PM  
Blogger Scott Needham said...

Bailey and Angie,

So glad to hear that things are going well....still sending my best to you and thinking of you often.

I was planning to come and see you but I have that nasty cold that's been passing around....so I'll refrain for now...but can't wait to see you.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Weaver Family said...

Hey Bailey,

We are so happy to hear about the progress you are making. What are you crocheting???

I'm ssssssssoooooooooooo jealous!! It sounds like you had a great time with the pilots. I would love to be a person they take up in an F16. In my dreams!!! Jeff, my brother, introduced me to an F16 pilot when we were visiting him in Rhode Island. I was so excited I didn't know what to say or ask. Pretty dumb, huh??

Keep up the progress.

Our prayers are with you always.

Love, Karen

7:43 PM  
Blogger Doug Kerr said...

Just wanted to touch base and let you know that I'm checking the web site everyday. Sounds like things are going pretty well. I'm still thinking about you guys, we'll have to hook up sometime soon. Our youngest,Ben, he's 11 is a little,no he's a lot uneasy talking about blood stuff. I thought he was going to pass out once when I was telling him about what Bailey's got going on. We'll see you guys soon.

Doug

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home