Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Apples and Root Beer for Breakfast

Bailey slept great last night - which means, I slept great too. They took her off her Lasix I.V. drip, so she didn't have to go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night. Yeah!! She was awake about 30 minutes this morning when she sent me to McDonalds for some Apple Dippers and root beer. I think that's a sure sign that her appetite is coming back! She's had several snacks today - something she hasn't done in over a month.

We took 2 walks today down to the atrium - she did a little crocheting on her second trip. Dr. Terrentine is a little concerned that she's going to join the smokers out front with a cheeseburger from McDonalds at 2 a.m. I have no idea where that thought came from. I think he's still running on the excitement from the pilots yesterday. (David, I didn't know you were a pilot - that's so cool! We watched Cool Runnings yesterday - I'm ready for our next trip!)

The Riley computer guy came around today and gave Bailey a user ID and a password to get on an internet site where she can chat with other kids in hospitals all around the world. It sounds really neat. She hasn't tried it out yet, but hopefully soon. (I'm also trying to get her to post her own message here, but she's been too tired in the evenings. We'll get there!)

Have a great evening!
Angie
(Bailey does say "hello" to everyone!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home