Friday, February 18, 2005

It's a Slumber Party!

Hello everyone! Bailey felt great today - she sat in a chair for over an hour working on her craft project to submit as a possible Riley Christmas card. Her pacer wires were irritating her today, so she complained to "authorities" and they removed them this afternoon. It stung a little, but she survived. We're in the middle of her slumber party - her best friend Paisley couldn't come since she's still sick, but her sister Josie and two cousins, Melyn and Erica, are here. Right now, they're decorating pillow cases. The hospital employees have been very helpful in getting us ready - they supplied the pillow cases and decorative items, a big box of "girlie" things, a basket of snacks and a cool glitter lamp. Scott and Nancy brought in pizza - Bailey didn't feel like eating it so she had cottage cheese, but she's not running a fever so far (for the first time in about a week!). I'm trying to get Bailey to post her own message because Child Life brought us a laptop and that's what I'm posting this with, but she's too busy having fun. And I'm having a particularly difficult time typing in plastic gloves!!

Thank you, to whoever sent a box of goodies to "Bailey and Paisley"! It's beautiful! and really cool stuff inside! And thanks for remembering Marissa and Josie!

Well, gotta go! I'm missing out on all the fun!

Have a good weekend!

Angie (I'm going home again and won't be posting until Sunday evening.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Robin said...

Ang, glad you posted. I've been working and wondering what was happening at the big slumber party. Jim threatened Josie & Erica on the way out the door that he was going to stay for the shindig. Josie let him know for sure he wasn't invited. Ha Ha. Have a wonderful weekend at home and thanks for letting Erica be a part of the festivities.

Bailey, you'll have to let me know if you make it through all those movies tonight.

Love you all, Robin

10:57 PM  
Blogger Aunt Debi said...

Bailey, it sounds like your slumber party was a big hit, I am so happy for you. It sounds like you had a great day. We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, I hope you have another good day. Lots of Love from us.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Aunt Debbie A said...

Bails,
Melyn had so much fun at the slumber party! She was so happy to see you after all this time...at least to be in the same room together! She is already planning when she can come back this week. Mal was heart-sick that she couldn't come. She said to tell you she'd make it up to you. : ) I'd ask for cash! ha ha

So what song did your Doc sing to you? Does he know any Keith Urban songs? Or maybe some Tim McGraw? O.K., I've just about gone through my entire "country music repertoire" (not even sure how to spell repertoire) Anyway,...you get the picture. If it were up to me I'd have him singing you some Bon Jovi...Aunt Robin would prefer Prince! Mallery and Robin and I had some "share time" on the day of your surgery!! : )

I sure hope you've had a good day today, Sweetie. Lots of people asked about you at church today. They were thrilled to hear about your slumber party. We love you lots. I'll be in again to see you soon. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Let me know if you have any special requests this week!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home