Monday, October 08, 2007

Feeling Better

Bailey's feeling better today - has more energy. It's a good thing, because we had to move out of our room to the room next door - our ceiling started leaking. Today was just pretty much hanging out. They are starting to wean the milrinone tomorrow morning, so maybe we'll get to go home soon. But her weight went up a little bit this morning. Dr. D is still hopeful he can turn this around with medication.

Bailey got Dr. T good today. She gave him a WarHead (a super sour piece of candy) and he ate it - knowing full well what it was. So Bailey and I just stared at him waiting for him to make an awful face. Well, he didn't . . . BUT his voice went up nearly an octave. Ha! Bailey started laughing hysterically and said he sounded like a girl. Ha! It was good to have some fun with him.

Well, I guess that's it. Thank you for hanging in there with us, and thank you for all your prayers!

Angie

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie - I'm one of the many Nightline watchers who saw Bailey's story and was immidiatly touched by her grace and determination (you may pass along that I didn't notice her stomach except for one short shot - and since they said she was sick again knew it must be fluid - so i didn't think she looked pregnant but just thought how uncomfortable she must be).

I'm glad she's feeling better - and I wish you could've gotten Dr. T's voice on tape after that warhead, very funny!

Here's to no more leaky roofs - many prayers and blessings!

Anna

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps - forgive my bad spelling - it's been a long day.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bailey, hey girl, you may not know me, but i go to franklin central high school. i watched your movie in Mrs. Roberts class, and i teared up.. I really hope that you are ok. And thank you, watching your movie made me realize, I thought that I had the worst life in the world, and all because i broke my ankle, but your movie made me realize that i have life pretty good. But just hang in there, things will get better.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and angie, please email me sometimes, ftmsqt_0515@yahoo.com, and keep me updated on how bailey is.. please and thank you..
katlyn

4:15 PM  
Blogger Grandma Carol said...

Hey Bailey! I sure got a chuckle when I read your blog about Dr. T. You know it tasted terrible and there was no way he was going to let you know, but his voice going up an octave is hilarious! You get 'em! Too funny! Bless you! You have so much love and joy to spread around -- you're amazing! I just know that they are going to get to the bottom of things soon and you will be home free! I know you can't wait and hopefully it will be SOON! Love you loads! PaPa gets to go home this Friday! Sure to miss him (but don't you tell him, ok? Ha!)
Hugs and more hugs!!! Love you!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home