Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Getting Back to "Normal"

Hello everyone! Lots has happened this past week toward getting back to a normal life. Bailey started school last Thursday and all is going very well. She missed a couple days this week, though, because of a sore throat and really stuffy nose - no fever - but it was enough to see her pediatrician. He found no infection and no strep, so she went back to school today. Josie's doing well in school and has basketball tryouts tonight. Marissa's doing great in kindergarten. She loves it! They keep learning little jingles about all the different colors - they're studying a new color every week. And she walks around the house and the neighborhood singing her little color jingles . . . at the top of her lungs! And, I started back to work this week. That was a strange feeling. I felt really nervous to leave home (especially with Bailey there sick that particular day) and nervous to come back to work. I was afraid I had forgotten everything I learned over the past 20 years. Lots of things have changed and the things that haven't changed I've pretty much forgotten. But it's coming back quickly - thank goodness (for both me and my boss!).

I'm sure you're sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear about the concert . . . well, IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! We had such a fun time. We got to meet Keith Urban and talk to him. He got down on his knees to talk to Marissa. She wouldn't look at him, but she did talk to him. We got our picture taken with him too. He remembered sending Bailey an autographed picture from Australia while she was in the hospital. When I told him that this was her, he said "Oh! That Bailey! I'm so glad you're out of the hospital and doing great! And I bet Mom is too." He was such a nice guy. We had the best time and will not soon forget the evening.

I'd better clock in and get to work now.
Life is good!

Love to all,
Angie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh im so jealous, you have no idea! ..i have become so obsessed with keith urban these past couple of months, like all i listen to is him and its all the time! So sunday we were already at the fair and i didnt get tickets, boy was i bummed, but i heard him..and i about went crazy! you know its probably good that i didnt get ticekts because by the end of the night, he would have a restraining order against me! ..haha oh well..but my gosh thats soo awesome that you got to meet him! ...were you like ready to pass out? haha talk to you later!
Lindsay Davis

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all is well with school and work. We saw Dr. Turrentine on Aug 10 and we don't have to go back until Feb!! He said you had left him to go on vacation and that he missed you guys, but was glad you were home.
Always in our thoughts and prayers!
Lynn, Josh and Dane

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any word on when your documentary will be done?

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home