Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Bailey's Doing Well

Hi guys! I felt lost from you since it's been 2 days since I've posted. But I guess I can't post forever. I'll try to gradually ween myself from sharing our lives with you all.

Bailey is doing well. She wanted to go shopping yesterday, believe it or not! I wouldn't do it - I told her we needed to rest for a few days. She's quite tired and still very sore, but she's enjoying being home. She was just walking around the house looking at all the nick-nacks reminiscing. Dressing changes are going well. She told me I did a good job! I definitely had good teachers. I watched about 350 dressing changes in the last 6 months. I think I could do it blindfolded, in fact. The PICC line, however, is another story. Bailey and I sat down yesterday morning (Tues.) - our first full day home - to talk ourselves through flushing it, and, would you believe, it was clotted. We called our homecare nurse out and she spent about 4 to 5 hours here trying to bust up the clot (using TPA), but she had no luck. We were on the phone with Riley, and they gave us instructions to leave the TPA medicine in overnight and if we still couldn't get it clear this morning, we had to go into Riley to have it taken out . . . and that's exactly what happened. The homecare nurse came back this morning and had no luck. So, we got to see some of our medical team again today. That makes it a little easier on separation anxiety - knowing they're only a phone call and 15 minutes away. Then, we got back in time to go to a movie this afternoon - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was entertaining. Johnny Depp made it very interesting. I enjoy his crazy characters he plays. Bailey fell asleep about15 minutes into the movie and we had to wake her up when it was over. I guess we'll have to rent it now when it comes out on video. Haha!

I still have anxious moments at times here at home. I'm sure it's separation anxiety, but I get little panicky moments when I think this is all too good to be true. I was nervous going into the hospital today because I thought they might keep us, I guess. I suppose that's to be expected, having spent such a long time away from home.

Tom's working like crazy on Bailey's room. I helped out a little bit today but not much, since we had to squeeze a hospital visit and a movie into our day. He ran into a couple setbacks and hopes to have it done by the weekend. We don't have anything planned tomorrow, so I'm hoping to help out a lot then. I brought a hand-held Tetris game home from the hospital (Child Life gave it to us way back in January on pre-op day), and I had to hide it from Tom because he spent about 4 hours playing it yesterday. He was laughing at himself today. He asked me what I did with the game and I told him I hid it. He said he came downstairs looking for it while we were at the movie and he couldn't find it, so he gave up and went back to work on Bailey's room. I told him that's exactly what my plan was!! Haha!

Have a good night, everyone, and I'll talk to you soon.

Angie

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VICKIE!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys - I am glad you are still posting because we all are going to need weened too! It's so nice to hear about your normal days at home. I heard that movie was really good. I want to go see it too. Another really good movie is Monster in Law. It's at the dollar movie in Greenwood. It's hilarious!!!
Talk to you later. Love you guys -
Aunt Robin

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! I was so happy to see there was an update and I am glad to hear things are going well. Are you up for the Visa USA Gymnastics Championships in a few weeks?

We are still praying for your continued recovery!

Love,
Kara, Jami, & Kaitlin

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie and Bailey! So glad things continue to improve. I'm sure that it's really hard for Bailey not to want to do ALL the things that she was used to doing, like shopping, now that she is home again. Just don't rush it, Sweetie, you'll get there! I miss the blog news every day, it was terrible coming in to work yesterday and not having any "Bailey news". I kept checking all day, but never got my "Bailey Fix". It will help when you come back to work, Angie, because then we can get a quick update in person. So happy that everything is going well. Hear from you soon. Myra

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe it has been a week since Bailey came home. This is my first time posting here but I read her story every day. I miss it now. I hope everything is still going well.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!
Just wanted to say hi and that I have been trying to get ahold of you to check on how miss bailey is doing. For some reason a message keeps coming up and its some weird operator guy....definitely not any of you. So I must have the wrong number or something. What a dork. But anyways....I am thinking about you and hoping all is well. I am sure it is. :)
Love, Jenny Hendricks

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I have been checking everyday to see how Bailey is doing. I am so having withdraws. Well I'm glad she is doing good. Just someone keep us all posted.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home