Friday, March 18, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hope everyone had a good St. Patrick's Day. Bailey and I attended a party in the atrium for the kids. Had a fun time, but Bailey wanted to leave in the middle of it - she was getting some sore muscles. She's been in pain the rest of the day. She seems to have a kink in her shoulder, maybe from sleeping on it funny, and a muscle in her ribs has been acting up today. She's been pretty miserable this afternoon and evening. In fact, she's already asleep! I have to watch Fresh Prince all by myself.

Happy March Madness to all you basketball freaks out there. I'm not one of you, but I can appreciate the excitement in the air.

Before Bailey started feeling bad today, Dr. T walked in to check on her. I've noticed the last couple days that he's been putting a mask on when he comes in. Finally, Bailey noticed and asked him why he wears a mask when he comes in her room. He said, "Because I have a cold." She said, "Didn't you see the sign on my door?!" She was giving him grief because ever since they've taken away her isolation we've had a sign on the door that says "Do not come in if you are sick." I think she's gonna do just fine with our restrictions when she gets home. Anyway, they went back and forth, he pouted a minute, grabbed a brownie from our snack cabinet (which he discovered last weekend), and left.

Bailey's getting another round (4 days) of IVIG to decrease her antibodies which will broaden her window of donor matches. She got a round last week and they said her antibodies "dramatically decreased", which is good! So they're doing another round. Possible reactions to this treatment is low blood pressure, fever, chills, hives, etc., but she didn't have a problem at all last week, so we're hoping that continues.

I haven't said this in a while, but thank you so much to all of you for your prayers, cards, gifts, donations, and good thoughts. We truly appreciate each and every one of you!!

Love to all, Angie

(Hey, R&L, I miss you all!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Riley said...

We at R&L miss you too, Angie! And what do you mean you're not a basketball freak? I know better. Somewhere deep inside of you, there is a basketball fan in there somewhere. Maybe not, you were watching the Fresh Prince when the tournament was on. Appalling.

Anyhow, I hope you and Bailey can get outside sometime today to enjoy the beautiful weather. If not, there's basketball on tv, in case you didn't know. We miss you terribly, Angie. Work is just not the same without you.

Bailey, I hope you are feeling better today. You are certainly a courageous person. Your positive attitude through all of this has really taught me a lesson about my attitude. Thank you for that.

You two take care of each other. I love you both to pieces.

Love and prayers,

Jennifer

10:49 AM  
Blogger Aunt Debbie A said...

Hey Girls,
It was great to be with you lastnight. Bails, I've already started birthday shopping! See, I told you your ideas would inspire me!

I think I left my polaroid camera there lastnight. Use the film if you want! I want a picture of you and your mom though...have Dr. T take it when he comes around again. Bribe him with another brownie! : )

It's beautiful outside today. Spring is coming! Summer will soon be here! I hope the sunshine makes you feel a little bit better. It always has that effect on me!
I love you guys. Gotta get back to work.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

12:27 PM  
Blogger Scott Andrews said...

Hey you guys, it sounds like you're both still hanging in there. I just wanted to say that everytime you mention the Fresh Prince I get up on my desk and do the Carlton dance! I can do it pretty good! I thought I would share this pretty funny visual with you.

Take care and we are still praying for you.

Scott

1:23 PM  
Blogger Sue Figert Meyer said...

Angie & Bailey,
It was green day at R & L yesterday. Most everyone was wearing green and all different shades. There was a constant traffic jam outside on Alabama St. much of the day. Thursday evening the streets and bar life was lively, even at Acapulco Joe's!! Missed seeing you both Thrusday evening.
Today Susie Smith move up to 5 to assist Jim & Jim in BR. I will miss her, as she always brought me gum when ever she needed checks signed. Have to find a new source for getting bubble gum. Tried to teach Tammy to bring me gum when she wanted a check signed, but she brought a whole handful. Had to tell her I just want one piece at a time.
Next week we start Spring Break weeks. Will you get a break from your school work? There are many people taking vacations, including Kim and Vickie. Ugh.
Tomorrow I go to Rose Hulman to visit Paul for Mom's day on campus. Monday I take my Mom to the eye Dr in Warsaw to schedule her cataract surgery. The deal in life is that first we take care of our children, getting them to the doctor, through school, etc. When that job is done, then we take care of our parents.
Hoping you all have a good weekend. Do they let that Berlin Heart take a walk outside? Sue

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home