Friday, March 18, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hope everyone had a good St. Patrick's Day. Bailey and I attended a party in the atrium for the kids. Had a fun time, but Bailey wanted to leave in the middle of it - she was getting some sore muscles. She's been in pain the rest of the day. She seems to have a kink in her shoulder, maybe from sleeping on it funny, and a muscle in her ribs has been acting up today. She's been pretty miserable this afternoon and evening. In fact, she's already asleep! I have to watch Fresh Prince all by myself.

Happy March Madness to all you basketball freaks out there. I'm not one of you, but I can appreciate the excitement in the air.

Before Bailey started feeling bad today, Dr. T walked in to check on her. I've noticed the last couple days that he's been putting a mask on when he comes in. Finally, Bailey noticed and asked him why he wears a mask when he comes in her room. He said, "Because I have a cold." She said, "Didn't you see the sign on my door?!" She was giving him grief because ever since they've taken away her isolation we've had a sign on the door that says "Do not come in if you are sick." I think she's gonna do just fine with our restrictions when she gets home. Anyway, they went back and forth, he pouted a minute, grabbed a brownie from our snack cabinet (which he discovered last weekend), and left.

Bailey's getting another round (4 days) of IVIG to decrease her antibodies which will broaden her window of donor matches. She got a round last week and they said her antibodies "dramatically decreased", which is good! So they're doing another round. Possible reactions to this treatment is low blood pressure, fever, chills, hives, etc., but she didn't have a problem at all last week, so we're hoping that continues.

I haven't said this in a while, but thank you so much to all of you for your prayers, cards, gifts, donations, and good thoughts. We truly appreciate each and every one of you!!

Love to all, Angie

(Hey, R&L, I miss you all!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home