Friday, March 11, 2005

43 Days - But Who's Counting?

Not much going on today -- dressing change, school, physical therapy, occupational therapy, child life therapy, homework, etc. Bailey's nurse, Amy, brought us in homemade salmon patties and macaroni and cheese. The salmon patties were made from salmon that her husband caught in northern Michigan. It was very good! Dr. T. stopped in and was complaining that Bailey was eating "high on the hog", because he just had pretzels for lunch. And Bailey's night nurse, Angie, brought us a movie to watch tonight, The Little Rascals.

Really, not much more to report. It was a pretty uneventful day - and there's nothing at all wrong with that!

I'm going home in the morning to see the rest of my family! I'll talk to you all again Sunday evening.

Have a great weekend!
Angie

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue Figert Meyer said...

Angie & Bailey,
I'm counting. It's been 6 weeks since you left R & L (5 weeks since I quit smoking). You are greatly missed.
Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.
Do not be discouragaed. You are not forgotten. Sue

8:36 AM  
Blogger Anita Sweeden said...

Hi! My name is Anita. I heard about you from the Our Hearts group. I've been reading your updates, and praying for you.

My daughter Rebecca (age 9) was in the Heart Center the first 2 weeks in Feb, and the first week of March. She was in isolation. She did "escape" a few times to walk around the unit. I'm glad to see that you're able to get out of your room some and go to some of the activities that they have.

We walked by your room, it looked nice and cheerful. Becca's rooms were around the corner, by the other nurse's station. Becca didn't like the food they brought her. I made lots of trips down to the McDonalds.

It is expected that Becca will need a transplant. I hope maybe she can meet you sometime. We didn't stop by while we were there because Becca had an infection that would have been dangerous for you.

Hang in there - lots of people are praying for you.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Cathy Clements said...

Hi Bailey. I go to First Christian Church in Shelbyville & I feel like I know you so well through you updates. These up-
dates are an excellent idea. I check on it everyday. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Take care & keep up the great work.
God Bless You!
Cathy

11:19 AM  
Blogger Aunt Debi said...

Hey Bailey! Whats Up? I hear the Keith Urban photo was quite a hit, but I am not sure who liked it more; you, Nancy or your Mom. How was the bean soup? I talked to your Dad on Friday and he said he was making it for you. I hope to see you soon, We Love you! Aunt Debi, Uncle John, Ryann & Grae.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home