Wednesday, March 09, 2005

First Teen Movie Night

Bailey attended her first Teen Movie Night tonight in he surgery waiting area. Our nurse had to go with us since the Berlin Heart has to be accompanied by a medical person at all times outside of the room. It was kind of funny though. There were 2 boys and Bailey, and the first thing they did was vote on what movie to watch. The choices were a few "chick movies" and "Flight of the Phoenix". Bailey was out-voted 2 to 1 for "Flight of the Phoenix". The boys ended up leaving before the movie was over - one wasn't feeling good and the other found something better to do. And then, they announced a Code Blue in the Heart Center, so we had to go back to the Heart Center so Bailey's nurse could help out with extra hands. (We heard the Code Blue patient was sent to ICU and doing better. There's a certain unusual quietness on the floor now - it's a strange feeling.) Anyway, we had fun at Teen Movie Night. The battery on the Berlin Heart is only good for about 45 minutes, but we found a place to "plug in" so we were set. We got to take the movie back to our room with us and we were able to see the end of the movie. And it was a good movie - kind of weird characters, but it was good.

Music Therapy came to visit today. Bailey was playing "Smoke on the Water" for them when Dr. T's nurse walked in. She paged Dr. T and when he called back, she held the phone up for Bailey to play it again. Then Dr. T, who was in ICU, asked in the background if anyone wanted to hear Bailey Hunsberger play "Smoke on the Water" and he had her play it again, but this time on the speaker phone. It was a good laugh!

Did you all see Dr. T and Dr. Darragh on the news tonight? They were the 2 sitting in the middle at the press conference talking about the little Afghanistan boy. He, by the way, did very well in surgery today. They were all very pleased.

Bailey had a really tough dressing change today. Her sites are seeping a little so they're watching it closely for infection. It was pretty painful cleaning off all the goop. I felt so bad for her. She's such a good patient. We cried together after it was over.

Oh, time for another dressing change. I'll catch you all later.

Angie


5 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

I'm so sorry - I had trouble posting last night and I guess the blog over-compensated. Hope it works better today!

I'm happy you had a good time watching the movie last night. I saw the news last and saw the little boy from Afghanistan - I'm glad he had the surgery - I on the news this morning they said he's doing okay.

Well, I have to go to work now. Hope you have a good day!!!! Say hi to your mom. Oh, and my sister in North Carolina told me to tell you she hopes you're doing okay.

P.S. - Again, sorry about all the multiple postings. My computer wasn't very compliant last night!!!!

Love,
Annette

8:02 AM  
Blogger Jan T said...

Hi, Bailey! I haven't sent you a message in a long time. I'm glad you are doing so well. Sounds like you are getting to do a lot of cool stuff. I think about you and pray for you and your family often. Keep on keeping on!! Jan

10:40 AM  
Blogger Aunt Debi said...

Hey Bails! How are you today? It was so good to see you on Sunday and Morgan had a great time visiting with you. Well,it finally came, the surprise I was waiting for. You probably won't be as excited as I am, because you are clearly much cooler than I, not much cooler though. Hey Grammy told me that Dr. T. was a hottie is that true? Hope you have a good day I am going to mail your thing right now. Lots of Love to you! Ryann says hi she just got home from school.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Riley said...

Hi Angie and Bailey! I read your post this morning and have been singing Smoke on the Water "in my head" all day. It's about to drive me crazy, but it also reminds me of you two, so, in that respect, it's nice.

This website is wonderful! It is so good to hear from you every day, Angie. We miss you here at R&L. Please don't think that because people are not posting many comments(except Annette yesterday - just kidding, Annette) that people are not reading. I, along with many others, read the postings every day, and they are such a blessing.

Well, I have to go. I hope I can come see you again soon. It was great to see you the other night. You two take care of each other.

Love,

Jennifer

6:12 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Hi Angie and Bailey:

How cool Teen Movie Night with the "boys" and Bailey at lastest them all...Way tooo cool!

Glad to hear that everything is going well for both of you. Dr. T appears to be a really cool Doc. Bailey and you are so lucky to have him in your conner. Does Mom, ask him "Hay have you been doing any work today"? (Angie, I sure miss that at R&L).

Have been to Vegas with our Regulator friends and felt a void not reading the updates each night.

Love an prayers to you both. I think about both of you daily and know that you (Bailey) are in the Best possible care you could be in.

Love,
Lori

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home