Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Feeling Better

Today started out as another rough day. Bailey's headache was gone but she still had the nausea and vomiting. Doctors still don't think it's medication. They think either a "bug" or just something that triggered a migraine. But she took a power nap this afternoon and felt pretty good when she woke up and has been feeling better ever since. She even had me order a pizza for dinner . . . and it stayed down, so far.

Dr. T is so excited about Bailey's surprise that she doesn't know I know about and that I can't tell anyone about until it's happened. (Did that make sense?) He is just going to blow her away, and he is so excited about that. He's just acting like a kid. Even another doctor here (who will remain nameless for his/her own protection) said he's driving them nuts over this. Haha!! It will be fun. Can't wait to tell you about it. (By the way, any visitors planning to come Thursday night will probably not find us in our room. Sorry for any inconvenience.)

Remember a couple weeks ago when we had a really nice, warm, sunny day and Bailey didn't feel good? Since we were not able to enjoy the sunshine, I was hoping to get out on our next warm, sunny day. Well, today was it. And, no, we didn't get out because Bailey wasn't feeling well again. But I hear tomorrow is supposed to be even better. Maybe we'll finally make it outside!

Not much more going on for right now. Lots of people out on spring break and half my family (my sisters) is in Florida on spring break. So, I dug out my Florida sweatshirt from last year and am wearing it around the hospital pretending we're there too. I'm also wearing my Jamaica pin from last year and am reading a book about this couple from Toronto that bought a sailboat and took 2 years to sail down through the Carribean Islands. I see a pattern here. I think I need a tropical vacation. In due time, in due time. (By the way, to all my Jamaica buddies out there, this book is called An Embarrassment of Mangoes and there are a lot of references in it that remind me of Jamaica. You might enjoy reading it yourself. It's very light reading, and the author is Ann Vanderhoof . . . in case you might be interested.)

Hope all is well with everyone out there. Learning a little more every day about the transplant process. Talked today about how it's a tightly orchestrated process to harvest the organs. Since all the donated organs from a single donor would be going to all different places, all the representative medical teams are there simply waiting in line to get their organ. The heart comes out first, then the lungs, and then the abdominal organs. It still seems all like a dream right now to me. It just seems like we've stepped out of our normal lives momentarily - which, I guess we really have. Only God knows when we'll get back to "normal" and what that "normal" will be.

Thank you for all your continued prayers, comments, and cards. Because of you, we don't feel forgotten. And, because of God, we're able to continue our positive thoughts. Thank you all! Talk to you tomorrow.

Love, Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home