Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Camera Crew Visits Again

You know you've been in the hospital too long when you start stashing styrofoam trays from the hospital meals.

Let me explain. These little styrofoam trays (we don't get real ones because they think we're still in isolation . . . never mind - it's really not that important) that get delivered to us come in really handy for certain craft projects or cookie projects that Bailey has been doing. So, I've been saving a few back at a time to pull out when the need arises. Scott saw me tucking one in the corner and accused me of pathetically stealing styrofoam trays from the hospital. It was quite humorous.

I have to share a dream I had last night. In my dream, my boss, Sue, offered my sister, Vickie (whom I really work with in real life), a job for the same money and less hours to run her restaurant (that she really doesn't have in real life), and left me behind to handle both mine and Vickie's jobs at the office. Now, I woke up pretty disturbed because I was worried that Vickie and Sue were back at work conspiring against me, but the irony of the whole thing is, and sadly so, that Vickie is currently stuck back at the office doing both her and my jobs while Bailey and I are in the hospital. God bless you, Vickie!! I love you and miss you, and owe you BIG!!

The documentary crew came back today to catch up on everything. They interviewed Bailey and filmed her playing the keyboard (they got Smoke on the Water on film! Haha!) They also asked her about the financial agreement they heard she has with Dr. T (you know, he gets a cut from the money she makes from her dad with the nasty medicine), and by the end of the interview, she ends up making money off of Brian, the guy doing the interview, by playing the keyboard! Dr. T found out, and wants a cut of that profit too. These people are nuts.

Speaking of Dr. T, he's "the man" again today -- big time!! His nurse practitioner ordered this new blood thinning medication today (since because of being sick over the weekend, her blood is not thin enough and, since she's at risk for clotting because of the Berlin Heart, her blood needs to be thin), and it apparently can only be given via a shot twice a day. Well, you can imagine how that went over. We chased down the nurse practitioner to try to gain some sympathy, but she stood her ground and said it works quickly, which is what we need, and there's no other alternative (the coumadin that she's already on takes too long to adjust). Dr. T came in at the end of the interview with the documentary people, and said that we could just do a heparin drip (meaning, I.V. medication). She was sooooo genuinely grateful -- and so was I! (After Monday night's shot, I was wanting some medication myself for these 2-a-day shots!) Everyone cleared out of the room, and she told me she wanted to give Dr. T a hug. He came back a few minutes later to blab about something, and Bailey called him over to her and she reached up and gave him a hug and said "thank you". You could just see him melt. It was the sweetest thing I've seen since we've been here. I wanted to have a group hug myself!! . . . but I refrained.

It was a fun day. Lots of laughing -- Cindy, you would have been proud! And it was good to see the camera crew again. They are always so fun and make Bailey feel quite special. Thanks guys!!

Remember the sour-candy-eating contest she and Leslie had yesterday? By the end of the day today, she had everyone that came into her room eating sour "Mega Warheads" -- all the documentary guys, Dr. T, Dr. Darragh, Jennifer Riley (who was innocently visiting) -- I think it might be her new form of entertainment!

Hope all is well with everyone out there! Talk to you tomorrow.

Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home