Saturday, March 26, 2005

Christmas Card Voting Schedule

Every year Riley sells Christmas cards for a fundraising project and they are designed by Riley patients. During Bailey's stay these past 2 months, she was able to submit two design entries for the cards. These entries will be on display in various places around the city and the public can vote on their favorites at these displays. The top 4 are going to be on the Christmas cards. Here is the schedule:

Riley Hospital atrium - April 9 - 10:00-1:00 and 4:00-7:00
ArtsGarden - April 7 - 11:00-1:00
Castleton Mall - April 9 - 11:00-1:00

Feel free to stuff the ballot boxes! Haha!!

You know you've been in the hospital too long when your daughter asks you to help her go to the restroom and you pull up a chair instead of the bedside toilet! Bailey looked at me like I was an alien.

Dinner was good tonight - Bailey ordered 2 lbs. of crab legs and her dad delivered. Mmmm! It was so good.

The Easter Bunny (well, I mean the "Holiday Bunny" - it's looked down upon to call it the Easter Bunny here in the hospital) came to visit this morning. Bailey got her picture taken with him and he gave her a little basket. It was cute! The funny thing, though, is that there was a note in the basket that said "Have a happy Easter, from Enterprise Rent-A-Car". So now we've re-named the Easter Bunny to the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Bunny. I was good for a few giggles.

They planted purple and yellow pansies in the courtyards here. They're so pretty! But it just makes me realize that we've officially been here for a change of seasons. The trees are budding and everything is looking so green. By "everything", I mean the courtyards because we can't see anything else but brick walls and rooftops out our window. But the flowers are so pretty!

I went to the kitchen today to fix Bailey a snack, and there was a very nice Amish man in there. He was opening up two small containers of chocolate ice cream from the freezer. We struck up a conversation because I wondered if he was from the same area my grandparents lived (they knew a lot of Amish people). He's actually from Shipshewana. He told me I really needed to visit the shops and flea markets up there. That would be fun! I think I might have been up there when I was a kid (wasn't I, Mom and Dad?), but I don't remember it. Anyway! He was mixing all sorts of ingredients together with the ice cream and then popped it in the microwave. He said he was making himself a chocolate milk shake. I really have no idea why that struck me as funny, but it did. Probably just another piece of evidence that we've been here too long! Haha!!

I'm going home in the morning to cuddle with the rest of my family. I'll be in touch again on Sunday. Hope everyone has a good Easter weekend . . . I mean, Enterprise Rent-A-Car weekend!!

Love you,
Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home