Thursday, November 08, 2007

On the Heart Center

Cardioversion #24 went well this morning - only took 2 tries - and the scope found evidence in her asophagus of stress and anxiety, so they went up on her nexium. Hopefully that will help her nausea. Bailey's been out of it all day. They gave her adavan early this morning as a relaxer so she could get some sleep, since nausea has been making that difficult lately, and that drug just knocks her out for the day. In fact, she didn't even know she got cardioverted. She woke up and said, "Did I get cardioverted?" She was pretty nauseous still when she'd wake up for a few minutes at a time today. We came up to the heart center about 1:30 and Dr. D came in at 5:00 with the news that she was in flutter again. Agh!! She's waking up a bit more tonight and even ate 2/3 of a banana and 1/4 of a roast beef sandwich. And they stayed down. She watched Survivor and Grey's Anatomy with me tonight - well, she tried to watch it with me. Her eyes kept rolling back in her head and she kept saying, "I'm sorry, Mom. I'm trying to stay awake." Ha! She's so sweet. They increased her nausea medication and doubled her nexium, so I'm hopeful for a very good day tomorrow, even though cardioversion #25 is in the works.

Got to see the girls tonight. Rissy was quite emotional. I saw on the news that there's a child abductor haunting our surrounding neighborhoods at home and Josie and Riss were telling me all about it, and we talked about how to stay safe at home. Between that and our family being split apart right now, Riss just couldn't stop crying tonight. She wanted to spend the night with us tonight. We made plans for her to spend Saturday night with us. She wants us home so badly. Josie's doing pretty good. She's doing great in school and made a choir ensemble, so she's starting to work on that. She's enjoying as much time as she can with her friends right now. When we're all home, I make sure we all spend a lot of time at home as a family, but since we're split apart right now, I think it helps her to spend time with her friends. I hope that's the right decision anyway. It's tough to know at times. I just pray that we all come through this and continue to be a tight-knit family.

Hoping for a good day tomorrow for us and for you,

Angie

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello: Just me out here thinking about you 2 ! Love you both my prayers are with you... Lori

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey,

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts & prayers. If you have any cravings please let me know. I want to do something, but never know what besides pray.

God Bless!
Marci Hungerford and your FCC family

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josie said she didn't have to go to school on Monday. If we can come get the girls for the weekend or any weekend, just call and let us know. We'll be waiting for your call. Love you both, MOM

6:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure you have a small army of helpers, but please let me know if I can bring you two anything or if a visit would help break the routine.

Bill

wmeans@rbelaw.com

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home