Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Rowdie Comes to Visit

I was woken up this morning at 9:15 by Bailey's nurse, Amanda, whispering: "Angie, Rowdie's [the Indianapolis Indians mascot] downstairs in the atrium and he came only to see Bailey. Do you want me to wake her up?" I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure she wasn't gonna be interested in such an early visit, but I told her to just wake Bailey up and ask her. She jumped right out of bed, brushed her teeth and her hair, and was ready for Rowdie. He was cute, although we decided he's a girl. He had an awful lot of feminine body movements. "He" gave her a nice baseball jersey and signed his baseball card. That was a lot of fun! Thanks, Duke!

Last night was fun too . . . and long. Colin came over and we played Sorry, Scrabble, and Monopoly. Then I insisted on making my bed - it was 12:30. Thinking they would wrap up the night too, I turned my back and they start putting together a model of a car! We had a good time visiting. He was discharged today but hung around to play a few mean rounds of Yahtzee and Sorry before taking off. He's coming back next week for a biopsy and said he'd stop by. We'll definitely miss him, but it will be nice to get a little more sleep!

Yesterday when Dr. T was re-evaluating all of Bailey's medicines, he kept popping his head in several times reporting on each medicine they had just evaluated. Bailey finally said, "How many times are you gonna come in here today?!" So, as a result, he calls Bailey's room today instead of coming in (although he came up later to re-cycle the machine) since he "is no longer welcome". He's such a baby! The phone rang while he was in our room and I was going to just ignore it, but he decided to answer it himself by saying, "Bailey's assistant." We're supposed to get a new machine tomorrow, but haven't heard yet whether it has arrived.

No order tonight to not eat or drink, so I guess I'm taking off in the morning for 4th grade camp! It's gonna be cold and wet, but we'll have a lot of fun. Rest assured, I am leaving my cell phone number behind, Tom's cell phone number, our home number, and the camp's emergency number, in case Bailey gets a heart. It's only about a 30 minute drive, so I should be able to make it back in plenty of time should anything happen. (I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight - I have to get up at 7:15 in the morning! Haven't gotten up that early in over 3 months.)

Thanks R&L for my Administrative Assistants' Day goodie bag! So nice to be thought of. I miss everyone incredibly, and hope to be back very soon. (I know I've been saying that for a while now, but I really do mean it!)

Assuming nothing happens between now and when I return from camp, I will post again Friday night. Hope all is well with everyone, and talk to you soon.

Love, Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home