Sunday, April 17, 2005

Enjoy Each Day

What a gorgeous weekend! I got to work out in my flower beds. Man! - they needed the help! Bailey had a good weekend. Her grandparents from Pennsylvania visited. She always enjoys their visits.

I just spoke with a mom of another patient here. In fact, she's the mom of the boy who has "Post Cardiac Transplant Precautions" posted on his door. Turns out, he was transplanted as an infant (he's 14 now) and he's waiting on his second one together with a kidney transplant. His antibodies are elevated, too, like Bailey's were and they tried the IVIG on him, but it's not working. They tried a few other things, but they didn't work either. The doctors here are consulting with other professionals across the country, and no one knows why these treatments aren't lowering his antibodies. We talked a few minutes about how this stuff messes with your head and emotions, and his mom simply said, "We just enjoy each day with him." So, I started crying, gave her a hug, and had to walk away. But that's the key to everyone's life. Just enjoy each and every day because we never know what the future brings for anyone.

On that note, I'll let you all go. I love you all, and hope to give you all a hug very soon.

Love, Angie

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue Figert Meyer said...

One Day at a Time
I can live a full life,
with the Lord at my side
to show me the way...
He gives me the strength
to keep doing what's right
and find
Peace and Serenity
every new day.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

Angie, I'm glad you had a good weekend. It has been beautiful out and I think we're all grateful for the lovely warm weather!

I'm counting down until Matthew's graduation - I'm so excited I'm sure I'll be jumping up and down soon! And when my sister gets here we'll both be acting like crazy people! Poor Matthew......

I'm still praying for Bailey - she's absolutely an amazing person! Kids can do so well under the most trying circumstances. I have so much admiration for your whole family!

Vickie - if you read this, hope you're okay - I miss you all. Diane - I thought about you yesterday - we passed the llama farm!!!!

Well Angie - you take care and I hope you have a good day tomorrow! Give Bailey a big hug from me!!!!

Love,
Annette

10:28 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann Lucas said...

Hi Angie and Bailey... well, I managed to make it up there to see you and I had sooooo much fun talking with you and learning about the Berlin Heart. What an amazing piece of invention.

I hope you got to eat each and every one of those cookies! I put an extra pound of love into them. I can't wait to see you guys on thursday this week to celebrate your birthday Angie (which is tuesday the 19th, in case someone didn't know!).

Slow and easy wins the race, so take each moment as it comes and know that you are loved every day.

with love to you...Mary Ann

8:26 AM  
Blogger Aunt Cindy said...

Hey guys!
I think that's the best advice I've heard in a long time. You're right - it works for all of us! Hey I wanted to be the first one to wish you Happy Birthday Ang! I know that's cheating since it's not your birthday yet, but hey, whatever works!
Hey Bailey - you won't believe it - I was walking through Chicago O'Hare Airport today and there was a guy standing in the train station area with an electric guitar singing "Smoke on the Water" ... I wondered what you were doing right then. He really could not carry a tune at all! Loved it anyway because it made me think of you.

Love you guys and think of you every day.
Love, Aunt Cindy A.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home