Friday, April 15, 2005

Little Qudrat Passes Away

It's just been a sad day around here. We were just playing with little Qudrat a few weeks ago while he was holding his little stuffed baseball and football. It was so sad to hear the news this morning. The whole Heart Center here was just silent all day long. There was definitely not the normal traffic in and out of our room today and not nearly as much laughing and playing. Dr. T is quite upset. He came in today with the longest face. It hurts even more to see someone else hurting. Qudrat touched a lot of lives and his purpose must have been fulfilled. We'll not forget his little happy face for quite some time.

Marissa spent the day with us again and is even spending the night now. Tom took Josie to a Pacer's game tonight and they were going to pick Marissa up after the game, but we just decided to have a slumber party. I've already got the bed laid out for her and she's cuddling with my pillow already. I have a feeling she'll be out pretty soon. Then I just have to get Bailey to sleep and I'm home free! Oh well. Only 4 more hours before that happens.

Dr. T informed us today that Bailey is getting a replacement pump next week. There's no surgery or anything involved. They're just switching out the big blue box and computer. I've been staring at this little sticker on the side of it that has the maintenance schedule on it, and it must be that time. They say they think it's just a matter of unplugging the one she has and plugging it into the new pump, but they've never done it before since Bailey's the first to be on the Berlin Heart here this long. I know I'll be a little anxious about it, but it will hopefully be very uneventful.

Sue, those are the BEST strawberries I've ever had. Thanks, Larry, for leaving them for us! You guys are the best!

I'm not sure what this computer screen is doing, but it's about to black out on me, so I'd better hurry and finish this.

I get to go home in the morning, so I'll catch up with you Sunday evening.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Love, Angie


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home