Monday, April 11, 2005

A Staff Birthday Party

Bailey had another birthday party today. This time, the staff gave her a luncheon party. It was really nice. They ordered Subway sandwiches and had an ice cream cake. They gave Bailey a Beta fish in a big glass vase with a plant sticking out the top. It's really neat! Bailey's really not supposed to have live things in her room, but they said she can have it in her room if she promises not to touch it. So guess who gets to clean the bowl?! . . . Scott!! Haha! It's really nice, though, and she likes having a pet here. She named him Li'l Bit.

We found out today that we can't text page Dr. T on the nationwide pager, so we just gave him a message when he called in today to check on Bailey. We simply said, "You're done. Come on home." Funny, he's not back yet.

Bailey's mad at me right now for making her do her math homework. We turned off the TV for this! She's sitting over on her bed with her head resting in her hand, pounding on the calculator. Yep, we're in the teen years. Haha!

I guess there really isn't much more to talk about. I guess with Dr. T out of town, things are a little slow. That's all right. We'll take slow.

Hope everyone out there had a good day today. Talk to you tomorrow!

Love you all, Angie


4 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Robin said...

Hey Bailey, Uncle Jim said your new fish is really cool. He was glad to finally come visit again, and he said you really looked good. That's always nice to hear. Hey, I got our Keith Urban tickets. (Angie, did you ever think you'd hear such a thing from me? Yes, I'm doing it for the girls only. Amy Pennington did offer to take them for me so I wouldn't have to suffer through, but if Bailey can go through what she's going through, certainly I can withstand a country music concert.) We had a tree cut down in our yard last week, and one of the guys was wearing a blue thingy-mabobber on his head like Keith does in one of those videos, and Emiliy asked me why Keith Urban was cutting down our tree. I'm going to have to "misplace" that DVD. Ha Ha.

I sure love you, and hope to see you soon.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Aunt Debbie A said...

Hi girlies,

Glad you guys had a good day. I'm still doing "my homework" at 10:30pm, Bailey. I know how you feel! You don't want everything to pile up, now, do you? Just keep whittling away at it. You're so smart, it surely doesn't take you long once you set you're mind to it. Don't blame your mom...she's just being a good mother! : )

How's the jewelry-making going? Sold any pieces yet? When will you hear about the Riley Christmas Card deal?

You know what I was thinking today...wouldn't it be funny if you could switch rooms before Dr. T gets back and then have the nurses tell him you just got tired of the scenery and went home! We've got to make him think twice about leaving again, right! : ) ha ha

I love you snicklefritz! Don't do anything illegal before I see you again...save it and we'll do it together! Man! I need to go to bed! I've been up too long!! Love you!

x0x0x0x0x0x0x0

10:35 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann Lucas said...

Hi Angie and Bailey girl! That Aunt Debbie Apple is nuts! I read her comments and she makes me laugh every time. I love her idea of switching rooms on Dr. T! How dare he leave you! We need to have a little chat with him. Maybe you could decorate a "time out" chair for him to sit his fanny on. I have feeling he would only laugh and go on his merry way. The Nerve!

Guess what?! I am coming to see you on friday morning! Can you believe it? I'm bringing some fun things. Fat Rascals and some surprises. Somebody has a birthday on the 19th! She'll be 25 and holding! right? Just like me...I'm 24 and holding. Funny, I don't look 24...

Well, you two hang in there. Bailey, math was never my friend and I hated it, just ask your Mom. I complained to her all the time when we were in school. I'll let you in on a little secret. I never made it past geometry!!!!!! Isn't that unbelievable? I would try to do the math, but my creative brain would take over and I'd end up painting or drawing the numbers in the most interesting way I could think of. Sounds like you are creative too, so hang in there!

Well, I've blabbed long enough. I'll see you on friday!

love to you...Mary Ann

8:50 AM  
Blogger Curt & Peggy said...

Bailey--
Your Aunt Debbie is still the character I see. She was always bringing a smile to everyone's face.
Don't worry about the homework thing, b/c I remember your mother having a hard time at times doing hers also. So, you did get it honestly.
Ang--these post are pretty im-
pressive under the circumstances. I read this the first of every morning and the last thing I do at night. Keep up the good work!!
We are thinking about all of you down here. Take care and God bless.
Curt & Peggy

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home