Monday, April 11, 2005

What a Beautiful Weekend

What a beautiful weekend! I was welcomed home by some incredibly beautiful blossoming trees. Next weekend, our weeping cherry should be in full bloom. Our daffodils and grape hyacinths were beaming in the sunshine. It was just gorgeous. The girls and I played some tennis - so now I have sore muscles - and we walked some trails at the park and played on the playground. We had a good time.

I panicked a bit last night when I couldn't get ahold of Bailey at the hospital. I kept calling and it was busy and busy and busy. Then, after 9:00, the message said the phones were turned off after 9:00. I woke up this morning and tried calling again and it was still busy. I called the Heart Center desk and no one answered the phone. When I ran to Tom with my concerns, he said to just call Scott on his cell phone. Oh. I didn't think of that. Turns out, Bailey found a Family Feud game to play on the internet and was playing it all night and all morning. Hm. I felt like an idiot. But all is well at the hospital. Scott brought Bailey's dogs to the hospital and Bailey walked outside to visit them. She really enjoyed that visit.

Dr. T called to check on Bailey over the weekend. We're going to try to text page him tomorrow with "Are you done yet?" He's not coming back until late Wednesday night. It'll be a long week!

I'm not sure if it was the close call we had Wednesday, but I had a little rougher time this weekend than I normally do. I hardly slept at all last night; and the slight panic I felt when I couldn't phone Bailey; and I was just feeling really heavy-hearted thinking that we'll be here forever. It was pretty tough. But once I walked in her room tonight, I felt better. When I'm here with her, I'm OK. But when I'm away, it's much easier for me to think about the big picture and get a little overwhelmed. I find that very strange - I would think it would be the other way around.

Well, let's see what this week brings! Hope it's a good one for everyone!!

Love, Angie


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home