Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Moved to the Heart Center!

We just moved to the Heart Center (4th floor) this evening. We're still in isolation, but we have a phone, and a bathroom, and cabinet space, etc. It's really nice. The nurses were anticipating Bailey moving in all day and decorated her room in Valentine's Day decor. It was so cute! And all the nurses signed a card welcoming her to the Heart Center. Bailey felt pretty bad all day - felt like she had a fever, but her fever never returned until about 5:00 this afternoon. It really confused her that she felt like she had a fever but didn't. She really fretted about that. They gave her some blood early this afternoon since they've "taken so much out of her" with cultures, etc., and that really made a big difference - she felt great! for about 2 hours, got a good nap, and then the fever came. But the best news of all -- she had an echo today, and the surgeon told us her PA pressure is in the 40's! In his own words, "That's huge!" Wouldn't that be awesome if Bailey got to leave here with her own heart?! No one's really concerned about her fever - they just feel bad that she feels so bad. Maybe moving to a new location will make a difference. I would really love to see that fever leave us for good.

Some photographers putting together a Riley brochure came around today and photographed Bailey, and our favorite surgical nurse and myself were also in it. At least we had masks on, so you couldn't see the really screwed up smile that somehow appeared in all my school pictures growing up! Haha!

Debbie, thank you so much for putting together the Valentine's box for Bailey -- I think every single nurse and therapist in ICU gave her a valentine!

Tom took me to dinner at a really nice restaurant in University Place to celebrate our 11th anniversary- I had the best meal and it was such a nice time. Thank you, Sweetie!

Since we have a phone in Bailey's room now, she called her best friend Paisley tonight. Paisley cried when she heard Bailey's voice. Then Bailey felt guilty and I had to console her . . . no, I'm kidding. She did feel bad for Paisley, but she was very excited to talk with her.

I gotta go - Bailey's waiting on me to watch the movie School of Rock.

Hey R&L! Thank you so much for your cards, cafeteria donations, and gifts for Josie and Marissa. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have such thoughtful friends that you don't just think of me and Bailey but my family as well. You truly are the best!!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home