Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Moved to the Heart Center!

We just moved to the Heart Center (4th floor) this evening. We're still in isolation, but we have a phone, and a bathroom, and cabinet space, etc. It's really nice. The nurses were anticipating Bailey moving in all day and decorated her room in Valentine's Day decor. It was so cute! And all the nurses signed a card welcoming her to the Heart Center. Bailey felt pretty bad all day - felt like she had a fever, but her fever never returned until about 5:00 this afternoon. It really confused her that she felt like she had a fever but didn't. She really fretted about that. They gave her some blood early this afternoon since they've "taken so much out of her" with cultures, etc., and that really made a big difference - she felt great! for about 2 hours, got a good nap, and then the fever came. But the best news of all -- she had an echo today, and the surgeon told us her PA pressure is in the 40's! In his own words, "That's huge!" Wouldn't that be awesome if Bailey got to leave here with her own heart?! No one's really concerned about her fever - they just feel bad that she feels so bad. Maybe moving to a new location will make a difference. I would really love to see that fever leave us for good.

Some photographers putting together a Riley brochure came around today and photographed Bailey, and our favorite surgical nurse and myself were also in it. At least we had masks on, so you couldn't see the really screwed up smile that somehow appeared in all my school pictures growing up! Haha!

Debbie, thank you so much for putting together the Valentine's box for Bailey -- I think every single nurse and therapist in ICU gave her a valentine!

Tom took me to dinner at a really nice restaurant in University Place to celebrate our 11th anniversary- I had the best meal and it was such a nice time. Thank you, Sweetie!

Since we have a phone in Bailey's room now, she called her best friend Paisley tonight. Paisley cried when she heard Bailey's voice. Then Bailey felt guilty and I had to console her . . . no, I'm kidding. She did feel bad for Paisley, but she was very excited to talk with her.

I gotta go - Bailey's waiting on me to watch the movie School of Rock.

Hey R&L! Thank you so much for your cards, cafeteria donations, and gifts for Josie and Marissa. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have such thoughtful friends that you don't just think of me and Bailey but my family as well. You truly are the best!!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
Angie

7 Comments:

Blogger Curt & Peggy said...

Bailey--looks like you gave your mother a great Valentine's!! This is great news!! I'm glad to hear that things seem to be going in the right direction. Ang--I don't remember any of those pictures--I'll have to look back!! Congrats again on the room move!1

11:25 PM  
Blogger Grandma Carol said...

Hi Bailey! Sounds like you have a really special room! So glad you were able to move into your own room! Hope you feel much better today! I know you got lots of special valentines and that had to make you feel a lot better! Great news about your pressures! I thought of you when I was driving to work this morning. The sun was shining so bright and it reminded me of your beautiful smile! Love you, sweetie! See you soon! Papa sends you a "great big" hug!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann Lucas said...

Hey girls! Woo Hoo! I am certain that Cardiac Unit has never seen the likes of you two before. Bailey and her "harem" of dates with Angie and her "you touch my daughter and I'll break your face" attitude! ha

We are going to continually pray that your sweet little heart continues to heal itself. How fun it will be if you get to waltz out of Riley with your own beating heart!

Ok...you ready? Here are today's jokes from me:

Why did the racecar driver keep going in for pit stops?
Because he kept asking for directions!

What's the fruitiest subject in school?
History...cause it's full of dates!

Why does a flamingo lift up one leg?
Because if he lifted up 2 he would fall over!

I'm sorry...I'll stop now! Have a great day today! Lots of kisses from Tally and me!

Mary Ann

9:10 AM  
Blogger Nancy DeCamp said...

"For God so lo V ed the world,
That He g A ve
His on L y
Begott E n
So N
T hat whosever
Believeth I n Him
Should N ot perish,
But have E verlasting life."
John 3:16
OK girls - this is a late valentine. I tried to post it yesterday but had technical difficulties! I still can't make it line up - but look at the capital letters that shouldn't be capital and see the word it says. I thought it was cool and that you would appreciate it. I'm so happy you have moved to your new room, Bailey! Keep up the great work - one step at a time! Angie, I'm glad you were able to celebrate your anniversary. We are praying for you both daily.
Love,
Nancy

10:32 AM  
Blogger Barnett said...

Hello Bailey,

My name is Marsha Barnett. I am Robin's Aunt. I am writing you from Florida to let you know that we have had you in our prayers and will continue to pray for you until you are fully recovered. Robin's sister Lori gave me your Blog address. I have been updated on several occassions from my sister which is Robin's mother. You are a VERY brave little girl. All our prayers are with you. God Bless You.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Rev. Evans said...

Hi Bailey,
I am so glad you moved to the Heart Center. I have been keeping up with your progress through your aunt Cindy. You are in my prayers. I look forward to seeing you in church again soon.
Rev. David

2:16 PM  
Blogger Aunt Debi said...

Bails: Yea I am so glad that you are out of stinky ICU and in the heart center and I am soooooo happy about your pressures. I know your Dad and Nancy and Mom and Tom are thrilled. This is like the best present ever. I knew all of my prayers would be answered. Okay, so now I can start shopping for you, so I can bring you some cool stuff. I think I will get some stuff for Josie and Marissa also, that Marissa, she likes me. Okay I write back soon. You go girl!
Lost of Love, Aunt Debi, Uncle John, Ryann & Grae.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home