Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holding Steady

Hi everybody! Bailey had a follow-up appointment with Dr. D today and "passed". She's feeling really, really good. He's still following her closely to see if her surgery has fixed things. It's still a slow and steady process. She gets to go back to school after Christmas break - probably just for half days until she can build her energy back up. We have only heard from one of her teachers and she's coming every week to help Bailey, but the others haven't come since she's been home from the hospital. So, it looks like she'll have double work when she goes back -- current work plus work from last semester. I guess that's the way we'll deal with it. We're working on cardiac rehab here at home but just getting back to her normal daily activity will also help her in her recovery. She is definitely feeling better mentally - no symptoms of anxiety or depression either. She does have a counseling session scheduled for the end of January (that's the soonest we could get her in) (Dr. D wanted her to at least do some couseling since we stopped her anxiety medication due to nausea) but I'm hopeful that by the end of January we might be able to cancel it if she continues to do so well.

She's really having a problem coming up with a Christmas list. Finally yesterday she said, "Mom, I think the reason I can't think of anything I want for Christmas is because I'm just so happy to be HOME." Wow. If the whole world was that simple and that grateful, what a place this would be. I am so grateful to God for carrying us through not only every single day of our lives, but especially the last 3 years. I really don't know where we'd be as a family if God wasn't the center of our household. I thank you all for your words of encouragement and love - they simply have helped our faith stay strong.

We went Christmas caroling tonight with Marissa and her class. It's been about 30 years since I've been caroling. And they visited the VA hospital earlier today and sang some songs for them. She had a great day!

Josie made the middle school basketball team! She's excited, but they're in the early stages of lots of running and lots of drills. She's not a big fan of the running (she keeps her inhaler close by) but I'm happy that she gets to experience the comraderie and team spirit with the other girls.

I pray that each and every one of you have a wonderful Christmas spent with your closest family and friends. I am not a great socialite, and I have really struggled with that part of my personality over the past several years - wanting to change myself and wishing I was the "life of the party". But I am learning to lighten up and to just appreciate those who cross my path, and that would be each one of you. I don't know how you were led to Bailey's story, and maybe we haven't even met face to face, but the support you have given us these past 3 years is unlike anything else I've ever experienced in my 41 years. Truly priceless. Thank you.

I will definitely keep you posted of Bailey's progress, but, as you've seen lately, I won't be posting daily. Remember, no news is good news. But please continue to check in periodically, as I wouldn't want you to miss any updates. Bailey is an incredible little lady, and I'm anxious to see where God leads her in this world. And my prayer is that God lead you in a way that you life to the absolute fullest.
"Sing like no one can hear you. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching." I don't know where the quote originally came from, but I love it. I'm not mentally strong enough to follow this quote physically, but I sure do carry it around in my heart.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Angie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie: Of course you know this......You do not need to be the "life of the party". More importantly, you are the heart and soul of your family, a terrific role model for all of your daughters and the glue that holds everyone together!!! You are one strong lady. Many can "appear" to be strong and full of life in public, but you are a true example of faith and courage every single day. Bailey mirrors those qualities she sees in you. As a Mom, I know how much you will enjoy the gift of being home with your whole family for Christmas. I think of you often, and I wish the most wonderful holiday season ever for you and your family!! Take care! Teri Margason

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

First off: so glad that Bailey is feeling so great, being at home surely has helped her.

I'm the same way, I may not be the life of the party, but I prefer smaller get togethers with more in depth conversation. Don't worry - it's not a failure on your part.

Please hug Bailey for me and tell her that I'm thinking of her.

Merry Christmas!

Anna

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wonderful words Ang. The updates are always great. I'm trying not to freak out since I don't have most of my shopping done. The weather last weekend really messed me up. I think of you and Bailey every day and try to remember what a blessing it is to just be able to go shopping. I think of you and Bailey meandering around the stores trying to get some exercise and activity in and I try to slow down just a bit.

Since Thanksgiving wasn't ideal, I can't wait to have Christmas with the WHOLE family.

Love you lots and looking forward to seeing you again,
Aunt Vickie

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang,

You have been the "life of MY party" on several occasions. I love you.

xo, Deb

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you my Angie girl. I think of you every day and count our Blessings that you and Bailey are safe, healthy and through this part of your journey.

I have so many fond memories from our 30 years as friends. My most cherished memory is how you shared your Bible and your faith with me when we were just 13 or 14 years old. We were at Band Camp laying in our bunks and I asked you what you were reading. I also remember you and Debbie singing harmonies in the echoing stairwell. You sounded like angels. I started learning from you then and you continue to share your life and your faith with every step you take.

I wish you love, joy and all that the Holidays bring. I look forward to our lunch outings!

I love you to the moon and back again.

Mary Ann

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bailey and Angie:

You blog has been so much of my day for so long - I can't start anything constructive until I've checked - but I'm so happy there is no need for a daily update and I pray that will continue to be so!

I especially appreciate hearing about Josie & Marissa - all three of your girls are important to so many people.

Merry Christmas to ALL !!!!

Love and Stuff,
CAROL

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home