Sunday, December 09, 2007

Alive and Well!

I have to apologize for no new posts in a few days. I came home to computer problems. I didn't think I could get on the internet, but I was just laying in bed unable to sleep when it dawned on me what I could do to get on. So here I am . . . nearly 1:00 in the morning, without my glasses, typing as quietly as I possibly can because Josie and Bailey are having a slumber party in the living room tonight.

So! We're home. Bailey is doing really, really well. Things were a little anxious Thursday, both at the hospital getting ready to leave, and here at home having just arrived. Bailey was having some anxiety issues. Leaving the safety of the hospital with 24-hour monitoring and nursing service caused even me some anxiety too. Tom and the girls picked us up in front of the hospital and after loading our two wagons-ful of things, I climbed in the van and Bailey was crying pretty hard. I, of course, was afraid she didn't feel well or something was wrong. She simply said, "I'm just so happy to be going home."

It was really strange seeing all the Christmas lights out there and to see the snow on the ground. We could see the snow through the windows in the hospital, but seeing it all over the place and in every direction took a while to soak in. I slept downstairs in the living room with Bailey on Thursday night so she wouldn't have to climb the stairs or sleep in a room by herself. That's something difficult to change - having slept 4 feet from each other for the past 6 weeks. But last night and tonight, her sisters are having slumber parties with her. I get to sleep in my own bed. I would enjoy it much more if I felt like I could breathe - I seem to have gotten the "crud" that everyone else has had. I woke up this morning with no voice. So, having not slept well during the night, I've been stealing naps during the day.

We went grocery shopping on Friday and Bailey took her wheelchair in, like she's done the past 3 months, but she didn't need it! And she felt good and strong! She says she feels so much better now, not just having lost 28 pounds of fluid, but she feels stronger "inside". She says the surgery made her feel a lot better. It feels so good now. In the hospital, all we focus on, of course, is her medical condition and recovery from surgery. Being home now, we can do other things like grocery shop and clean and do laundry - even though those things aren't a whole lot of fun, it's nice to be able to do them again. We got to see Josie's volleyball game this morning.

Now, I guess we'll have to put our tree up and start some Christmas shopping. I'm hoping to gain a little more energy every day too. Sitting in the hospital room for such a long time takes its physical toll on me too. I can certainly tell a difference in my lack of energy. My legs feel like jello too!

Well, don't worry if I don't get to post another entry for a few days. It just means our computer isn't fixed yet. One thing I can assure you -- if we do end up in the hospital (which we're all praying won't happen) there will be an entry because the hospital computers work! So, no news is good news for now. But I will do all I can to get it back up and running as quickly as possible so I can keep you all posted and add some pictures.

Thank you for being there for us! I'm going to try to go back to bed.
Good night.
Angie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really, really happy to read your post. Bailey is precious, and I can understand her tears when she left the hospital. It must feel GREAT to be home. I'm glad your family can be together again. What a wonderful gift. Claire

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see the post. I tried to call you guys twice yesterday, but I'll bet you were at the volleyball game. I've been wondering how it's been going. It's so great to hear Bailey is feeling so good. I'll bet you both gain strength quickly. That's what we're praying for.

Love you,
Aunt Vickie

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick, Ang. I've had a terrible cold for three days now. It just won't go away it seems. If I could breathe, I'd feel perfectly fine! :)

I hope you'll really get to enjoy the next few weeks at home with the girls. Hope you feel much better soon too!

Have fun Christmas shopping!!

Love, Deb

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everyone is fine, it's so good to hear that Bailey is feeling back to her old self again!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! Thank you for the posting. It lifted my spirits more than I can say. Hope to be able to hug you both very soon!
Love, Diane

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home sweet home! There is nothing better than being home. I'm so excited for your family-- I know it's great to be all together again.
Enjoy putting up your Christmas decorations, the shopping and all the other holiday festivities!
I was talking with a nurse from Riley yesterday that knew snipits of your story and she was telling me how so many of the nurses there saw God at work in your lives because Bailey is truly a miracle. What a testimony! God is good.

-Cassie Yowell

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home