Thursday, December 13, 2007

Up and Running!

Thanks to our friends Terry and Conrad, I am able to post again!

Things are going great! Bailey is feeling fantastic! Every day just gets better and better. I'm still dragging her out every day to roam the stores and do some leisure Christmas shopping. (That's different for me - I'm usually running out trying to get it all done in 1 or 2 evenings. I like this better!) She still hasn't touched her wheelchair. We might even be able to return it soon to Eden United Methodist Church, from which we borrowed it. Thank you, Eden! Bailey is no longer nauseous when she eats. Yeah! Her weight is staying down. Yeah! She said just this evening that, "Dr. T is the greatest and most wonderful man there is!" You know, no one knows if the surgery has "fixed" Bailey long-term, so we've had kind of a guarded celebration going on. But each day is one day farther out from surgery and one day longer that the surgery has helped. I can feel myself beginning to inch down that guard. It feels great! This truly is going to be the best Christmas I've ever had. We're home and we're feeling good!

It's easy to overwhelm myself with a list of things to do around the house. My mind thinks I'm going to be home from work a lot longer than what I really am, I think. But I have made great strides in Josie and Riss's room. It was in need of, let's say, some organization. I've got a few other things at the house I want to get done, and I have to start baking some time! Probably this weekend. We've already strung our cranberries for the tree.

Josie's trying out for the Middle School basketball team this week. She finds out tomorrow if she makes it. She's been doing nothing but studying for finals and staying after school for basketball this week. She's tired and ready for the weekend.

Bailey's making progress on her homework. Still a ways to go, but progress is good.

I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Good night!

Angie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!!! This is the best holiday news we could get. It was such a life-affirming thing for my Mom to meet Bailey, THANK YOU for suggesting it! Have a great weekend
Love, Diane
ps-LOVE the Patrick doll

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home