Sunday, December 02, 2007

A Quiet Sunday

Josie and Riss got to spend most of the day with us today. We had fun playing Yahtzee and watching movies. Bailey talked to Dr. T about maybe needing help with anxiety and depression. I wasn't in the room at the time - took Josie and Riss downstairs to get lunch. I was so proud of her for bringing it up herself. She said he didn't act surprised at all and said he would get the word to the cardiology team. She had a better day today. I think just being aware of how she's feeling and how it has been affecting her and knowing there's help right around the corner is giving her hope that she can feel like her old self again soon. He also told her that her chest tube drainage was slowing down and she might be able to get the tubes pulled soon and then get home - at some point. We're hoping that might be this week sometime, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Her weight has been going down slowly but surely over the past several days. Her belly isn't getting any bigger, and we're just hoping and praying it stays that way. Bailey told me last night that she's worried about whether the surgery will "hold" and whether the fluid will come back. That's definitely a concern of mine, also, but we'll just have to see what God has in store.

Have a good week everyone!!

Angie

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Did I read that right, flowers from Patrick Dempsey? You go girl!!!
Keep hanging in there, maybe home is right around the corner.
Love you all,
Mimi

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angie -

Gene's been gone from Rubin & Levin for more than a year now, but for some reason I started thinking about Bailey last week, and checked her blog. We were sorry to hear that she was back in the hospital. I honestly believe that God put a little "How's Bailey?" thought in my head so that Gene and I could get our own little prayer chain working for her. Just wanted you to know that even friends who you don't see often are checking the blog and praying for you regularly. God is with you both in these trying times. Your girls are all beautiful. Much love to you. -Kris and Gene Wheeler

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angie:

Just keep on keeping on - a day at a time! I know Bailey is just sick and tired of being sick and tired. God loves her and so do many others.

It made my day just hearing what Dr. T had to say.

Love, CAROL

10:56 AM  
Blogger Grandma Carol said...

Good morning! How's my little angel? Hope you are feeling better today! I know it's hard, especially this time of the year, to be stuck in the hospital, but we are there with you in spirit and love you so very much! I know you will be glad to get those tubes out and my prayer is SOON! Sure wish I could give you a big hug --but for now -- it has to be a long-distance one!!! I hear you are knitting! Maybe when you get home and get to feeling better, you can teach me how. I've always wanted to know how to knit! Does that sound like a possibility? Until later -- hugs, hugs, hugs!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my girls. Home.....now that's a wonderful word. Oh, I hope you get to go home soon. Please tell Dr. T and Dr. D that we all think they are strikingly handsome, very talented, remarkably kind, wonderfully manly, look great in scrubs and that we'll all slip them a $20 if they will let you go home this week! Flattery and Bribery...I love that!

Hang in there lovebugs.....you are in the "homestretch"!

Much love to you...Mary Ann

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home