Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Good Chest X-Ray

Bailey had a chest x-ray this morning to see if there were any pockets of fluid caused from removing the chest tubes, and so far, so good. They started a new medication today to slow her heart rate down a bit - it's been running slightly over 100 since surgery which I guess is OK but they want it more in the 80's. She had her first dose today and it's down in the 80's. Dr. D said he's trying to send us home by Thursday. Gosh. Home. It's been a while. It will be so nice to get home. I hear we're gonna have snow tonight. Bailey and I are rooting for lots and lots of snow, but I know you guys out there who have to travel in it aren't so excited. Just drive safely in the morning!

Bailey got to take a shower today for the first time in about 6 weeks. She's had too many lines and tubes until yesterday. It felt really good to her. I was teasing her, telling her "6 weeks with no shower? You could be on Survivor!" Ha!

Bailey was evaluated today for her anxiety/depression. Since we're so close to going home, they're thinking just a change in environment will do wonders. We're going to give her a week or two at home and re-evaluate. We're going to have to do some cardiac rehab when we get home. With the extra 28 pounds of fluid on her these past several months before surgery, she has gotten weaker and weaker -- we're going to have to work on building her up again. Not sure yet what all that involves - I'm sure no stressful exercise but something. I'm going to have to stay home with Bailey for a while to get the rehab going and help get her caught up with school work, and also to help her with her recovery. She can walk downstairs (well, not down the stairs but the elevator) and back up with usually no problem, but she does get dizzy sometimes. And since I haven't been home for the other half of my family much since the end of August, it would be so nice to be home with the girls for their Christmas break. I'm thinking maybe I can get back to work when they go back to school after the first of the year. We'll have to see.

Have a great night, everyone!

Angie

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go home!! That must be music to your ears, though kinda scary, I know. I'm sure it will do Bailey (and you) a world of good just to be home with family and sleep in your own beds! What great news! Thanks for keeping all of us who are addicted to this site so well informed. The progress has been amazing, and getting to go home will be the ultimate reward! Take care, Teri Margason

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get that heart rate down! I'm so very happy to hear that you both could be going home!! Yeah!! Let's do the happy dance! Lots of smiles from my family to yours. See ya soon, Linda Jones

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Girls!

The taxi is ready and waiting for your call.........

Nothing would make me happier than driving you two home - even if it takes two trips with all Bailey accumulates when she's at Riley.

Love and all that Stuff, CAROL

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a happy post to read today! Good chest x-ray, new medicine working, a shower, and possibly HOME BY THURSDAY! Woohoo! Great news! Love and prayers, Carmen

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be home soon!!! How great is our God! I pray for your family to have a wonderful Christmas, full of Gods blessings.
We love you all.
Tammy (cousin)

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey It is good to see you up and walking around. Home for Christmas how wonderful!! God is good, and we all have a lot to thank him for. Just in case I,m not working when you leave, I want you to know that we will still be praying that all goes well and that you and your family have a blessed Christmas and a Healthy Fun New Year ahead of you!

wishing you all God Blessing
Rachel ( telemetry)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Grandma Carol said...

GREAT, GREAT NEWS! Home -- how wonderful that must sound to you both! I know your family has to be excited! Yes, we have snow out there and I have to admit, I'm not nearly as excited about it as you are, but "to look at" I have to admit it is beautiful! Our Japanese Maple tree was absolutely beautiful this morning -- all frocked with white snow! I got to work with no problems at all, but then I miss the heavy traffic by not having to get to work until 9:00. Hope you have a "wonderful" day and we are so happy for you!!! Love you both! Grandma Carol

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news! Home for the holidays takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it? I'm sure being home will make a huge difference for both of you - and the rest of the family! Keep on getting better Bailey!

Love you,

Lara

(Sorry it's been a while since I've posted - we went on vacation, then I came back to massive computer problems at work....)

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"HOME SWEET HOME"

Welcome!!!!! We are so excited
to know that you'll both be able to come home and just relax, recover & re-energize!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Mark,Dee,MaKayla,Matt & Mike

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girls: HOME - oh there is no place like HOME!!! I hope and pray that you get to come home on Thursday. Angie, I think (but who am I) that spending Christmas break with Josie and Rissy is a wonderful idea, and I am sure they will be very very happy. I have some pictures for you. I love you both, my prayers and thoughts are you with you always. Lori

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home