Monday, October 01, 2007

Visited by Nightline

Spent all weekend cleaning our house since the entire world was going to see it. Ha! Our friends from the Speedway did the lights, cameras and sound, so it was really good to see them. They got here at 9:30 this morning and by 12:30, which was when the Nightline ladies got here, they had moved nearly everything out of our living room and set up their own little studio. Vicki Mabrey performed the interviews. She talked with Scott and me first, then interviewed Bailey. She was so nice! We weren't even nervous at all. Bailey did a great job! They were upstairs in her room for most of her interview. I can't believe the show is only going to be 1/2 hour -- they could make a good 2-hour show out of the documentary and the interviews from today. Vicki is going to be in D.C. tomorrow interviewing the FDA about the Berlin Heart. Can't wait to see what they put together. I'm sure they'll do a great job.

We see Dr. Darragh in the morning. Bailey was holding steady all week until last night when she gained 1.5 pounds. But she's still in rhythm! Yeah!! That's an accomplishment. Now we just have to get her fluid off. Poor thing really does look pregnant. She can climb the stairs now, but when she forgets something and needs to go back up, she'll ask one of us to get it for her. She poops out pretty quick. She went to the grocery store with me last night and rode in the wheelchair.

She's officially set up for a Homebound program for school. Two of her teachers called today to set up times to come out and help her with her homework. Her English teacher came out tonight. It's so nice to get help. We still really have no idea how long Bailey will be out of school.

Well, I'm tired. I'm gonna go put my feet up. Be sure and set your VCR's or DVR's or TVo's, or whatever you all might have, for this Thursday at 11:30 p.m.! Hopefully it won't get bumped for some other breaking news.

Have a good evening!

Angie

2 Comments:

Blogger ems882 said...

Nightline is so exciting! I am going to set my VCR (as I will be out of town). I wish I would have known about the documentary. I would love to see it.

I saw Bailey's story in the Riley Messenger (my fiance is a patient of Dr. Turrentine). I have been trying to read Bailey's blog, but it wasn't up this weekend.

I didn't have the same problems as Bailey, but I spent most of my high school years in the hospital (as well as a couple of years right after I was born that I don't remember). I can understand what it is like to be in and out of the hospital, to be away from friends and family, not in school and scared.

I am so inspired by Bailey! She is so incredibly strong! I know she will get better! She is such a special person!

I don't want to scare you or freak you out in any way (as you don't peronsonally know me), but if you would ever need someone to talk to or if Bailey does, please email me. I am just someone who somewhat understands what it is like to be a child with obstacles and the toll it takes on the parents. My name is Angie. I am 28 years old. I can explain more to you in an email. ems882@sbcglobal.net. Bailey and your family are in my prayers!

Take care!

Angie

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie & Bailey -

We will be watching Nightline. The kids all want to stay up and watch.
I told them o.k. but I will have the VCR for backup!! We are still praying for you and hope that
fluid keeps coming out & off....

Much Love-

Dee, Mark & Kids

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home