Monday, September 24, 2007

Down 12 and 12 To Go!

Bailey's lost 12 pounds! Yeah!! But her belly is only half gone. She's eating so much better - it's amazing how much easier it is to eat when you don't have 25-pounds hanging around your belly. No word yet about going home - could be 2, 3, 4, 10, 12 days? I just pray that she continues doing well and we have no other setbacks . . . ever. Her heart is still in rhythm. Yeah! I also pray that that continues for a long, long time . . . forever.

Got some algebra homework! Yeah!!

I got to take a nice walk today with Debbie M. and Stephanie. It was very nice and a much needed short get-away for me. Bailey didn't mind - she was being entertained by Corey from Child Life. She even let Nancy, her nurse, change her PICC line dressing while I was out, but Bailey did say she wouldn't do that again. Ha!

And now . . . for news we've all been waiting for . . .

I talked with a correspondant from ABC News Nightline today and they are scheduled to show parts of the documentary on Nightline (11:30 p.m.) on a week from Thursday (Oct. 4th) -- barring any unforseen urgent news issues. And, they are flying out here from New York on Monday to interview Bailey and "hang out" with her for a while. Isn't that cool? She's so excited. They said it doesn't matter where she is -- at home or still in the hospital. They'll go to wherever she is. That was nice to hear, that there's no pressure or disappointment involved if we are still here. But I'm hopeful that if Bailey continues losing fluid, we might go home this week. We'll see.

So, while we were stunned and speechless about the Nightline news, I found another message from someone here at Clarian that said Bailey's name was chosen out of a hat to do the coin toss at the Oct. 7th Colts game. Now, that's cool, too, huh?! Don't know any details about that, as it was just a short message, and I left a message in return, so I still have yet to get all the information. But I'll keep you posted on that too!

So, that's the scoop for now! Bailey walked all the way down to the cafeteria and all the way back today. I asked her if we needed to take the wheelchair, and she said no. She was right!

Good night everybody!

Angie

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and glad to hear things continuing to get better. Will that interview air national? if so, I shall try to make sure that I get to see it. um. your an hr ahead of me, so, I just need to remember that. lol...

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey & Angie -

You go Girls!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited about everything for you.
Prayers, Prayers, Prayers- God is
awesome! Love you both....

Peace-

Dee

This will give you a laugh -
Today Michael fed his turtle. Only
thing, it was the whole can. Pour
turtle he was swimming in cake water. Michael said, "Daddy, he was hungry!" Needless to say, we
explained that he only needs a couple pellets at a time. HA, HA!!

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey and Angie: WONDERFUL news! I hope to see you today, maybe we can come up with the "P" award for Bailey!
Love, Diane

6:50 AM  
Blogger Aunt Vickie said...

Finally some news about our TV star's deput, the only thing is, I have to remember to tell the million people who want to know when it's on.

Unfortunately, 25 lbs. around my belly has never kept me from eating. Oh well.

Not sure I can visit today, I have to figure out how to get my glasses fixed. I'm blind without them you know.

Love you guys,
Still praying for you every day,
Aunt Vickie

7:56 AM  
Blogger carmelapples said...

Yay!!!!! Good news does the heart good! Literally, I think! : ]

I'm so glad things are looking better and better! Bailey, Uncle Brian stayed up to watch Night Line lastnight just to see if they would say anything about what they're showing the rest of the week. He'll be glad to hear about the news from ABC. He's a complete grump today and its all your fault! Just kidding of course...well...at least about the "its all your fault" part. He is definitely a grump! : ]

You've got some pretty exciting things to look forward to girly! My goodness. Tell the Colts guys not to huddle too closely at the coin toss or we won't be able to get a clear view!! They'll listen to you. You're small...but convincing!

Hope you guys have another great day! I look forward to seeing you soon. Angie, let me know if I can help with anything at home. We're available for you! Anything you need.

Love, Deb xoxo

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie & Bailey:

Your good news makes so many people feel better !!!!

Have you ever "googled" your name? Awesome.

Love & Hugs, CAROL

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie and Bailey,

That post was chock full of great news! Bailey, I am so glad you are feeling better. And your celebrity status is going up. Just wait until the local media finds out you're being covered in the national media. I bet you'll be doing a few more interviews. How fun! You can show the world the joy of shrinky dinks.

I can't wait to see you at the Colts game! Daniel and I will be cheering for you from the nose bleed section. Ask Peyton if you can borrow his super bowl ring. Just a thought.

I am praising God for your healing and praying things will continue to go well.

Love,

Jennifer

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home