Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Just Hanging Out

Just hanging out, waiting for the big day on Monday. We're going to clean out the room Friday night so I can take everything home with me over the weekend. That will be strange - taking everything down off the walls that we've been staring at for 5 months. It's mixed emotions about moving out of our room. We're surrounded by "family" up here. Even the maintenance man, Marty (the best maintenance man in the world, I might add), came in tonight and brought his wife with him to meet Bailey. She said she wanted to meet the person that makes him smile when he's here at work. There are a lot of special people here that we will truly miss. We didn't realize that when Dr. T told us back in January that he had a team of people that are committed to making Bailey feel better, that team would consist of so many people in so many facets of the hospital. It's an amazing place. Truly.

Bailey and I both slept until 11:00 this morning!! I couldn't believe it! We, or at least I, went to bed at 2 a.m. And I woke up about 6:00 with an incredible headache. I got up and took some medicine and it must have done the trick. I never heard another sound.

We've got a scrapbook that we're trying to get the team to write in for Bailey. I think they're all in denial because they're really dragging their feet about signing it.

We're just trying to stay busy. We got 4 movies from the library tonight; played a little rummy; knitted a hat; played some video games; read a little . . . that's about it.

Hope all is well with everyone.
Catch you tomorrow night!
Angie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey I am so happy for you. You're on all my prayerlines, I have not met you, I do feel like I know you and your Mom through your website and Lynn, love from Fort Wayne, Dane's Gr-grandma Melvin

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey,
Jon Gerard is the cameraman who is coming up to see you at 7p on friday night. He's a great guy, so please make sure to harass him. I will probably come down on Sunday, since I will see you on Monday and you won't see me!
Gordo

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home