Monday, June 13, 2005

Straight A's

Bailey got her report card in the mail today and she got straight A's! We're so proud of her. She's always got A's and B's, but she thinks this is the first time since 1st grade that she's received all A's. I think that's incredibly impressive that she accomplished that in the midst of these last 6 months of medical hardships. She's an incredibly brave young lady.

They did an echo today on Bailey. Don't really know any results. I think it was just routine to keep an eye on her heart function. Dr. Darragh, her cardiologist, is going to spend some time with Bailey, when he has a little time himself, and give her a crash course on how to read echos. She is so excited about that! She thinks maybe some day she might be an echo technician. Before this hospital visit, Bailey never wanted to do anything in the medical field - but she's really interested in it now. Who knows what she'll be doing in about 8 years.

Lots of crocheting today. Bailey's helping me make another afghan. And, believe it or not, even Marissa is crocheting! She's only 5 years old and already started her first blanket for herself made out of "baby purple" yarn. (You would love it, Lara!) She's very good at it! I'm impressed.

Marissa had a great time at Aunt Debbie's last night. I heard she got to be really good buddies finally with Sophie (a large, sweet family dog).

Not really much more going on. The new machine is working just fine . . . thank goodness. Maybe we can all "bond" with this one. I've seen Perry (the pigeon) a lot in the last couple days flying around with a girlfriend! (or it might be a boyfriend, depending on whatever Perry is.) I'm still trying to get a picture of him, but he's VERY camera shy.

Hope everyone is dodging all the storms out there tonight. Dr. T would be proud that we're NOT taking his Berlin Heart out in the lightning.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Hugs to everyone out there,
Angie

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the straight A's! Amazing job! Hang in there you guys!! Do you need any more yarn or anything for your blanket projects? I think I sent over a book of patterns, but if you need something else let me know!

Kara Casavan

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job on the straight A's that is super. You are truly a remarkable young lady . May god be with you.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, Bailey!! I never fail to be amazed at what you can do. Who knows just how far you will go in life. Your mom is right, God surely has a wonderful mission for you.

Lots of Hugs, Myra

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go girl!! I know how hard it can be to be in school and the hospital at the same time. Imagine doing it while in high school. It is not fun at all. I hope everything is goin well and I hope that I can visit you again sometime soon. Take care...

Melodie

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bailey, thats great that you got stright A'S I made a's and b's but o well. But keep it up. lol.
Ashley

Hey Bailey!
congratulations on making Straight A's. Keep up the good work. I'll be praying for you!
Love ya lots,
Shannon
P.s. You have impacted my life so much and I hope you get better very soon!!!!!!!!!!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home