Monday, June 06, 2005

An Uneventful Day

It's always good to have an uneventful day here at Riley. However, for some reason, I've been thinking a lot about transplant surgery and how scary that's going to be. It sounds simple that we're just waiting on a transplant, but that, obviously, involves another open heart surgery, possible struggle with rejection, and recovery. Bailey's situation is nothing like they've dealt with before, but it's very easy for me to have all the trust in the doctors here. I know they'll make the decisions they feel are the best for Bailey. That's one good thing about hanging around here for so long -- I get to know everyone on a more personal basis, and I have no doubt that they have Bailey's best interest at heart and will look after her as if she were their own daughter. Maybe there's a feeling I'm getting from Above, or maybe it's just hormones, or maybe it's that they're changing the way they're listing Bailey on the transplant list again (not to require a crossmatch for out-of-state donors), but I'm feeling like I need to be preparing for something . . . I assume transplant surgery. Maybe there's something to it, maybe there's not.

With no more homework, Bailey's spent a lot of time today working on jewelry and filling her backlog of orders. She does such a nice job. I try to help out a bit -- or just play with the beads -- but she does a much better job than I do.

Bailey had kind of a bum day today. She didn't really feel like doing much earlier on in the day. It doesn't happen really very often, so it's OK for her to have a bum day on occasion. She's handling her stay here very well. She still wishes to go home every night, but I'm very proud of her patience and how she makes the most of every opportunity to enjoy our stay here.

Instead of rambling on and on, I should go. I'll see you tomorrow.

Love to all,
Angie

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have seen us Sunday! The girls and I raced home from church, changed clothes and drove to the bridge by our house that overlooks 465, waiting to see the motorcycles go by. After a few minutes I called a friend of mine from work who's husband
always rides in the motorcycle ride to see if he was in it and which direction they'd be coming from. That was when I found out I was thinking of the wrong motorcycle ride. The one that goes around 465 is "loop for life" or something like that. By this time it was too late to come down to Riley. We were all sorry we missed it but had you all in our thoughts about what a wonderful thing to see and to know just how much you are all loved and admired by not just family.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all!
Don't worry! Everything will be fine, God knows what he is doing, and what he's going to do!! And soon bailey will have a new heart, and all the problems she had with he heart in the past, wont be there anymore!! So dont worry, God is in COntrol!
love, lindsay

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anjie-
Hi!My name is Kelsey. My brother McKenzie had a heart transplant when he was 13 days old down at Riley. The doctors diagnosed him with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.He is now 14 years old and is doing great. I don't remember much about the transplant process b/c I was only 20 months old. But, my parents remember everything.Debbie gave my mom your website and told us to look at it. After reading a few of your entries I felt compelled to write to you. I do hope you read the comments. I know what you're going through is difficult and my family is open to talk if you feel the need to talk to someone who's been through your situation. I pray for Bailey and all the children down at Riley every night. Everything will work itself out. My e-mail address is Babyblue2521@aol.com. Tell Bailey to stay strong. Don't hestitate to e-mail...we're more than happy to talk. God bless.

~Kelsey

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey and Angie,
You guys both rock! You rock like Jack Black in the movie "School of Rock!" I can't wait to come down and rock the night away with both of you. Your team brings great big smiles to anyone who walks through the door. Thanks for bringing a little bit of happiness to everyone you come in contact with. We know the pain and the waiting are rough, but those are hurdles that can be overcome and will be overcome.
Take Care,
Gordo
P.S.: When is our next poker night?

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home