Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Another Makeover Today

I woke up this morning and looked around the room for any signs of developments throughout the night or morning (i.e., any notes left by the night nurse, any signs on the door to wear a mask upon entering, etc.). Everything looked like it did when we left it upon going to bed, so I jumped in the shower. When I came out of the bathroom, I noticed something strange. One of the strings of paper cranes was laying on the floor by Bailey's bed. First of all, it's strange that I didn't notice it when I woke up. I looked at the ceiling, and saw that a string was missing by the door next to Dr. T's M&M stash. I concluded that it must have fallen throughout the night (which is weird that I didn't hear it), and someone placed it next to Bailey's bed so we could hang it back up (which means it must have been a doctor, because a nurse would have re-hung it). I was fine with that conclusion, although there were a few things in it that I thought didn't match up perfectly . . . but, gee whiz, it's not THAT detrimental that I solve this mystery. So I hung it back up over in another corner out of the way of the door, so no one would accidentally knock it down again, if that is, in fact, what might have happened. So, Bailey slept for another couple hours and, when she woke up, she nonchalantly said, "You know, Mom, I had a dream last night that someone put one of those things [pointing to a paper crane string] on my head." Now, THAT's awfully coincidental. As my mind churned, I looked at her and said, "Are you SURE that was a dream?" So I explained the whole "mystery" I was trying to solve this morning, and I said, "I wonder if Dr. T was messing with you again!" She looked at the laptop on her Berlin Heart to see if he had been in to cycled it already this morning, and he had - he had been in while I was in the shower. We started laughing, and figured that Dr. T had been up to something.

So, Dr. T popped in a little later looking all professional and innocent as he always does, and I told him about the "dream" Bailey had last night. He couldn't keep a straight face! He laughed and said how unfortunate it was that it had fallen to the floor because he had it all tucked in and framing her face very nicely! I was just sorry I had missed it! Haha!!

We heard it was very hot out today. We didn't notice. We stayed inside, and Bailey got another makeover consisting of highlights, makeup, pedicure, and her hair curled and stacked up all pretty with sparklies in it, like she was going to the prom. She was so pretty! Dr. T said she "cleans up pretty good."

Then we did a lot of knitting, crocheting, cross-stitching, and beading today. I finished up our second afghan. It's supposed to go to Colin, but Bailey likes it so much she's trying to talk me into giving this one to her and making Colin another one. Oh, sure! What else do I have to do?!

Well, not much else to report for now. No radio appearances, no celebrities coming to visit, no fancy field trips, no camera crews . . . just another day hanging out at Riley. You know, if I can't be at home with my family, there's no one else I'd rather spend these 4 months with than the staff here at Riley. They take such good care of us.

Oh, and Bailey's day nurse who she's had for the last few days, Amanda, was whining that she wasn't on Bailey's website anywhere (other than the picture of her and Mary with gloves shoved up their noses). She wanted me to tell everyone that she recently got married and just returned from a 2-week honeymoon in Hawaii. There! Are you happy, Amanda?

Have a good night, everyone!

Talk to you tomorrow,
Angie

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday...Just wanted to drop a note and let you know I was thinking about you two. Glad Bailey got to enjoy some pampering, especially after your busy radio week. Bailey, Have you heard? you're on the commercial for the radiothon.
Take care and love,
mimi

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop you a note and let you know I was thinking of you both. Bailey deserved a good pampering after all that radio last week.
Hey Bailey, Did you know you are part of our radiothon commerical that's running on FMS...?
Take care and Love
Mimi

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there!

Thats good that your staying busy! Have a great day! talk to you all soon
lindsay

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I just went on to the WFMS website and seen your updates, you are a remarkable young lady Bailey, I didnt know until the radiothon that I was at Riley at the Heart Center with my 4 year old grandson who had open heart surgery Had I known then I wouldve loved to have met you personally, looking thru the pictures I remember meeting and talking to Marissa at the nurses station, I hope you continue to do well God Bless you

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that Justin and I will be up there tomorrow. We are hoping that Amanda will be working. I'll stop by so Justin can meet Bailey.
Can't wait to meet you both.

Laura

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home