Thursday, June 09, 2005

Legos

My friend, Andrea, brought Bailey a huge bucket of Legos complete with a train and station. She's been having a ball playing with these Legos all day long! I finally cleaned up the train tracks and put everything back in the buckets while she was taking a nap earlier this evening, just in time for her to wake up and want to get them all back out so she could show Josie and Marissa. I just KNEW I was picking them up too soon! So, they're in the room right now setting up the train station and building some more . . . something. Thank you, Andrea! They are all enjoying the Legos.

I've been talking with our medical team about the possibility of a bit of boredom slipping into our days now that school and homework are over. We really don't have anything on our schedule now before 1:30 in the afternoon, and nothing after about 3:30. Dr. T has come to take Bailey on field trips this week, but the timing has been off with other things so we haven't been able to take him up on that. So, they're working to try to get a little more structure in our day to replace school. Possibilities are touring different departments to learn more about how things work, or finding Bailey some kind of "job" that she can do to give her some responsibility and help out around the hospital. She got really excited when I mentioned a job. I was quick to make sure she knew it wasn't a paying job, and she said she knew that and was still very excited. So, hopefully they can come up with something along those lines to keep her busy and they can benefit from it too.

Josie and Marissa are here to spend the night tonight. Josie's leaving for Florida tomorrow night with her cousins for a whole week. I don't see her much during the week anyway, but just knowing she'll be that far away is a little unsettling for me. I knew she'll have a great time, but I'll miss her! Rissy will be spending most of next week with us here at the hospital. If she gets bored or tired of being here, Tom can come pick her up in the afternoons, but he's working nights again and will be sleeping most of the day. Hopefully that will work out fine.

I accused Dr. T of not being any fun anymore since he's been reading this blog page - he's afraid I'm going to post more stories about him. Well, of course! He's the biggest part of our entertainment around here. But he says he's not reading it anymore. Really, I've heard that summer is a busy surgery time because that's when a lot of non-emergency surgeries are scheduled to avoid the winter respiratory season. (They wanted to wait until summer to do Bailey's surgery, but she couldn't wait that long.) And the Heart Center is packed up here and one of the nurses said the entire hospital is packed, so I think everyone's just crazy busy right now.

Please continue to pray for the donor and his/her family. Our day will come.

Love you all,
Angie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey gals!,
Thats great the bailey has stuff to do. And i will definetly keep the donors family and you and bailey of course in my prayers...when i was in school, since its a Christian schoool,i would pray for bailey everyday in classes before we would start, and when i did, my friends got concerned and asked me questions, and alot of them as of today are praying for you guys, and they are telling there churches and other friends to pray, and i know that there are many many people that are praying, and you'd be surprised what the power of prayer can do, so dont be worried or discouraged, baileys time is coming up! I love you all!
lindsay

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home