Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Wed., Feb. 2

Good morning! Bailey had another good night. They have begun the process of waking her up, but that's such a long process of weening certain medications and starting others that she probably won't be awake today. But they are stopping the paralytic medication so she should start moving around a bit. I woke up this morning feeling a little on the panick side for some reason, but had a little breakfast and feeling better now.

The surgeon came in this morning when I was in Bailey's room - he's the one that Bailey had a little rough time getting to know (if you haven't heard the story, he's the one we met only a few weeks ago and all he talked about was the VAD and transplant, which, not to blame him at all, that's what his job is . . . but over the weekend she get to know him pretty well and they joked around together, so now she wants to give him the cross-stitch project she's working on when it's finished) . . . anyway, he was in her room this morning reeling off directives to the nurses; he looked at his watch and said "I gotta go"; spun around and looked at me with bright eyes (I couldn't see the rest of his face because of the mask) and said "We're good!". So, in the words of Martha Stewart, that's a good thing. (I don't know why I mentioned her - I think my mind is continuing to go to mush. haha!)

I'm done rambling for now. Hope everyone out there has a great day, we'll have a great day here, and hopefully it won't be too long before Bailey is posting her own message again.

Love you all! Hope all is well at R&L - I miss you guys. Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home