Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Tues., 02-01-05

Good morning! Bailey had a good night. They are going to go ahead this afternoon and close her sternum, and I believe they'll start waking her up after that. They might have to put me out, though! It's crazy - I really thought this would be easier the third time around. I don't know what in the world planted that seed in my head.

I was in Bailey's room this morning when the guy from Germany was instructing the nurses on the Berlin Heart. I got to thank him - I wanted to give him a huge hug but he would have probaby got really weirded uot by that, and I certainly don't want to scare the guy who's keeping my daughter alive! It's an amazing, amazing piece of machinery. I said yesterday that it was a rectangle sitting on her stomach - well, they had it covered up then and I didn't really want to see it anyway so I guessed about the shape. It's actually a clear plastic round thing a little smaller than a hockey puck - what's freaky is that it's clear. You can see the blood being pumped in and out of it. That might freak Bailey out when she wakes up - it did me.

Once I got to sleep, I slept pretty well last night. They have a Ronald McDonald area here inside the hospital that has 6 bedrooms and a huge living area, kitchen and laundry facilities that parents can use. It was very nice. But tonight I think I'll sleep in the parent lounge at ICU - especially if they wake her up. I'll be closer that way. Probably just a "mom thing".

Todd, we got Squirt! I had to peak, but I'll, of course, let Bailey open it when she's able.

Thank you for all the comments, guys. Bailey will really enjoy reading those!

I'll give another update after her surgery this afternoon. Keep the prayers coming - we're still in the first 2 to 3 days which are the most critical. Love you all so much, and hope to see you all soon!
Love, Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home