Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Tues. p.m. - 02-08-05

Busy day - had lots of medical visitors today -- social workers, child psych, child life, music therapy, teacher/tutor -- on top of all the doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, anesthesiologists, etc., that pop in. She must be looking like she's feeling better since they all seemed to emerge at once. Bailey managed to stand on her own today and sit in a chair for about 20 minutes. This really tires her out and by the time she got back in bed she was running a fever - maybe from a little fluid in her lungs. She's breathing pretty fast and shallow, which I guess is normal, but we need to work on deeper breathing now. Still has A-fib/flutter, but no one is really concerned yet. Just another day of weening down nitric oxide and oxygen, etc. Hopefully another good night of sleep for tonight. She took a really good nap this afternoon, so I'm hoping we're getting back on our day/night/afternoon nap schedule.

I am now here by myself in the mornings (Scott and Nancy went back to work) and Bailey has agreed to let me go shower when we wake up - we all appreciate that! So she won't be by herself too long, I won't be taking the time to post a message in the morning. In other words, don't worry when you don't find a morning message. I get my break in the evenings when Scott and Nancy come to visit, so that will be my posting time from now on.

For now, all doctors are still happy and we're slowly progressing.

Have a good evening, Angie

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Brown said...

Angie, some of the Our Hearts CHD families have questions for you? How long did the doctors plan on Bailey having the VAD? Is this temporary? How long? Will she just take a break or is she on a waiting list for a transplant? We are all praying for her!!!!
Melissa, angel Madelynn's mom (Our Hearts support group for CHD families)

8:53 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

Angie - sounds like things are really going well. I'm so happy! I had a mini-crisis today - I lost my whole "Annette" file - I couldn't find it!!!! Vickie saved me - she found it floating somewhere. Whew!

So glad Bailey is up and around, even if it's for a little bit. You're all holding your own! Take care and give Bailey a hug for me! And one for you too!!!!

Love,
Annette

10:00 PM  
Blogger Uncle Jim said...

Hi Bailey, sounds great that you are able to get up and sit in a chair for a little bit. I bet you really liked the music time (probably better than the teacher/tutor). It sounds like things are going well for you. I look forward to coming tomorrow night and looking in on you. I am glad you have been able to start resting more. You keep doing well. Your strength has really inspired all of us. Talk to you soon.

Uncle Jim

9:30 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann Lucas said...

Hi Bailey! Ok....hold on to your shorts....here's the joke of the day:

What happened to the cat who ate yarn?

She had mittens.

Oh, I'm so sorry...that's pitiful! So glad you are doing well and that you and your Mom are able to get some rest. Tally got her bath and haircut last night and she looks so cute. I wish you could see her. I'll have to send you a picture. May God's hands continue to hold you up and give you strength! You are both a couple of tough chicks!

Mary Ann

10:26 AM  
Blogger Boone and Crockett said...

Wow! I didn't think we would ever get back to the computer. I don't know if your dad and Nancy found the drool in the keyboard or the 'mishap' that Crockett had, but we didn't have full run of the house for awhile. Anyway..we're bark! I mean back. Apparently lots has happened since we last checked in. Lots of folks wagging their tails because you are doing so well! You'll be running laps in no time! Speaking of laps, did you hear about the dog that drank 5 bowls of water without stopping? He set a new lap record. And where is one place your dog can sit that you can't? Your lap. Gee, I'm getting thirsty for some reason. I think I'll go check out the frig and see what's in there. We've figured out how to get the pop cans open so we aren't limited to just the water bowl nowadays. Oh, gotta go......missing Price is Right. Can't figure out that Barker guy. Sounds like he would be on our side, but he is always harping about getting your pets spayed and neutered. Grrrrrrrr.......

11:27 AM  
Blogger Carol Williams said...

Hi, Angie:

Remember that I'm available to help out almost anytime. Give me 30 minutes (or 45 if I need a shower) and I can be there if there's something you need to do or just want a break. I can yell for the nurse as fast as you can, probably faster and certainly louder! Also, tell Tom he doesn't need to be Super Dad all the time and he can call too. See you later this week, probably tomorrow. 356-4910

Love to all of you.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Grandma Carol said...

Hi,Bailey ("Our Little Angel")& Angie: I finally got logged onto the website so I could send you a message! You know Grandma, totally internet ignorant! Ha! Anyway, Papa and I are "so" thrilled that you are doing so well! You are our "little angel" and we love you very much! We think of you all the time and say lots of prayers for you and everyone else who loves you! I wish I could give you my heart- I really do! You are one brave young lady and we are so proud of you! Please try to keep a date on your calendar for Papa and me, okay? Hope to see you real soon! Hugs and Kisses! Love you, sweetheart! Keep up the good work!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home