Saturday, December 01, 2007

A Slumber Party

Today was a day of rest. Chest tubes are still draining, although they might be slowing down a bit. Bailey doesn't seem quite like herself lately - wondering if she could benefit from a little anti-depressant medication. She's not her peppy, friendly little self these past few days. She has no interest in continuing our Riley Rummy game; she's having a very difficult time working on homework and even turns the Riley teachers away when they come to help. The difficult thing for me is knowing if and when or how much I should push. I'm thinking that she could be in such a fragile state that any pushing would just stress our relationship out and that wouldn't do either of us any good. She was upset tonight that she was "being mean" to people and apologized to me and to Jenny for not treating us very good. I don't want her to get down on herself. She's such a sweet little angel and it breaks my heart to see her struggling over this.

Josie and Rissy are here for a slumber party tonight. Josie's happy - she's got a new recliner to sleep in and doesn't have to sleep on the hard floor anymore. And Marissa has already fallen asleep in our bench AND is laying inside of my sleeping bag. It's gonna be a tight fit, but when it's time, I'm squeezing in too!

One of our dear friends in night-shift telemetry, Greg, had his son draw a picture of Bailey. Oh my gosh! It's beautiful. Greg had it framed in a beautiful silver and black frame and matte. It's just beautiful, you guys. I'll try to take a picture of it and post it, so you can see it too. Thank you, Greg, and please thank you son for us, too. He's incredibly talented. I can't wait to get home to find a special place for it!

Bailey received a beautiful bouquet of flowers today from the Dempseys. It was such a surprise and brought a smile to her face. She strapped her chest tube boxes (which Paisley and I came up with a new term "juice boxes" - ha!!) to her wheelchair and took the quickest walk yet! She was walking around the heart center looking for people to tell. It was cute. She was so excited.

It's getting late. I gotta go move Rissy over!

Good night.
Angie

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angie:

You have done such a magnificient job with Bailey and her problems that you should just trust your instincts about when to push her and how much. We 'common folks' can't even fathom all you have done the past 15+ years. I recall when you were on your way to Florida and had left medicine behind - no one else could have made the appropriate phone calls to Riley and found a druggist to communicate with them to prepare a replacement (even if it did taste nasty). "Common folks would have panicked and cancelled the trip.

Keep your communications open with Bailey and with God.

Love, CAROL

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh how much I miss you guys!! This cold is really getting me aggravated. It's hanging on way too long and driving me nuts. I'm sure that's why Bailey may be down lately...she hasn't seen her aunt Vickie...yeah, that's it. I'm sure all her other wonderful aunts would agree. :) Really though, I do miss you guys. Today would have been a great day for me to hang out for a while. Try to keep the spirits up guys. All the Dempsey "stuff" is wonderful. They really must be wonderful people. Miss you both tons!

Love you,
Aunt Vickie

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie: What Carol has said is so very true! AND
poor Aunti Vickie, she is so so much missing you both and wants to see you ! I tell you, you both have more prayers and people thinking of you than you chould ever fathom. Take one day at a time. We all love, miss you so very much and our prays and thoughts are with you. Lori

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most days I want to say something - anything. I'm sure others feel the same way. I just want you to feel as connected as you make us all feel out here by sharing all you are going through. It is so encouraging to see other good people out there - like your adventure getting to see "Enchanted" and the flowers from the Dempsy's, the doll and the gingerbread house. It makes me feel less worried to know how well you are being taken care of. It is just a struggle because - and I'm sure I'm not alone out here - I, PERSONALLY, want to make sure you and Bailey and the girls and Tom and everyone are being taken care of!

You guys are thoroughly equipped to handle this - however good or bad the day may be. AND you have an army of faithful family and friends (consider us "Minute Men" - ready at any minute to do what you need) and a GREAT AND AWESOME GOD.

I'm sorry to ramble. But know that we love you. We think of you and pray for you daily.
Love,
Mike, Nancy, Angela & Andrea

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bailey and Angie,
I told the children and their parents that prayed for you before and they are concerned to hear about your latest problems. They are all praying every day for God to guide the hands and minds of your doctors.
In the meantime, I thought your slumber party and your Enchanted movie were extra special things for you to do. I know their are so many people out there that would love to do whatever they can to make your healing more tolerable.
Have you talked to Ryann or Grae, or Aunt Debi and Uncle John lately? They are sure thinking about you every day!
Well, we here in Florida will continue to pray for God's healing powers. Be strong and remember you definitely are not alone in this battle.
Love,
Nana in FL

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home