Sunday, November 25, 2007

Continuing to Rest

Another good day today. They turned off the milranone, so Bailey's not connected to her I.V. pole anymore. All we have to take with us on a walk is her chest tube thing. Her morning weigh-ins are continuing to go up. She's now up to 92 pounds. I've been wondering the last few days if her belly is as small as it was after surgery. And, tonight during the dressing change, I decided that it's starting to get big again. She's not on much diuretic and she's not peeing much -- I'm hopeful it's just a diuretic issue, but we'll see. Her left foot isn't as swollen today as it has been the last couple days, so that's good.

She walked downstairs for lunch and back up today, and did fine. Boy, I'm anxious for McDonalds to open back up -- the cafeteria isn't doing too much to pick up the slack. I was hopeful the grill would be open all weekend, but it hasn't been. They're keeping the deli open until 2am, but that's about it. I never thought I would be anxious to have McDonalds back, but I am. Ha!

We played a lot of cards today. Bailey and I started another "5000 Rummy" but we've decided to not limit ourselves to 5000 and just keep going as long as we can. We've now termed it "Riley Rummy". We're going to keep our scores and continue with them as long as we're here. We'll see how far we get. We taught Rissy how to play Rummy today. She's doing a great job!

Our plan is to start school up again tomorrow. Bailey's feeling better than she has in months, and she thinks she's ready to pick it back up. Wow, she's got a ways to go to catch up. If anybody can do it, she can.

Have a great week, everybody! I hear it's cold outside.

Angie

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ladies!

Just want to say Hi! We are continuing our prayers. We would love to come and see you, but we
have colds etc.... We won't bring
that to you! As soon as everyone is better you will see us.

Much Love-

Mark,Dee & kiddies

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear that Bailey is feeling better and better every day. We continue to keep her (and you) in our prayers.

Love to all,
Donna

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie and Bailey, I've been keeping up on your progress daily. I'm thrilled to hear that things are going well!
I get emails frequently from people at WFMS asking how you're doing. You've got a great support system!
Through the prayers of family and friends, God can work miracles. I pray he continues work miracles in and through you.
Take care!
-Cassie Yowell

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of both of you and looking forward to the next blog. I know we "can't" ask when you might be home but we're sure looking forward to it. Knowing Bailey as long as I have, she should be caught up with her school work in about an hour and a half.

Love & Stuff, CAROL

6:01 PM  
Blogger Grandma Carol said...

Hi! No, you didn't sleep through the day -- it's like midnight out there but it's only 6:40. Has been dark all day -- unusually so! So glad you are feeling better! I know you're eager to get back in the swing of things and you will! Just know it!! Angie, if you are really hungry for something, I'll be glad to bring something over and drop it off. I won't come in, but I'll be glad to bring you something! Any news on a possible release date? Sure thought about you both all week-end! Love you bunches and prayers continue to go up!!! You are always in our thoughts! See you soon, I hope! Until then -----

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home