Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Still Not Much Fluid Coming Off

Still not much fluid coming off. However, the echo went very well. Dr. D said it was better than the last one she had. He didn't go into specifics of numbers, but I took that as a victory. And, Bailey's still in rhythm. So, that's good news.

But I think Dr. D is a little stumped with the fluid. But he's bound and determined to get it off. I'm ready to see some progress in that direction.

Dr. T popped in to check on Bailey today, and, sure enough, they started a water fight. Bailey started it with a saline syringe that was laying next to her sink. So he "retreated" to get a weapon larger than hers and she ran to the bathroom dragging her I.V. pole behind her and locked herself in the bathroom. Big chicken! So, of course, he hung around the unit until she came out; she somehow stole his weapon; and he took a nurse hostage, back up to the exit stairway and disappeared. Dr. D came around when this was all going on and said, "Well, at least you're feeling good enough to cause trouble." Ha! It was much needed entertainment.

Her poor little shirt she had on was so stretched tight and uncomfortable . . . I had to go to the gift shop and buy her a Riley shirt in an adult-large. She said, "Ah! I have room to breathe now." And, 2 I.V.'s went bad today, so she had to get another one, and this one is being a little fickle. Don't know how long this one will last - hopefully for several days.

Well, gotta go. Bailey's having a little trouble breathing again as she lays down. Please, please, please let the fluid come off.

Love you all, and thank you for the prayers!

Angie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I checked this before going to bed. It's funny to think about those two battling it out with each other. I wish I had brought you that halloween leg I told you about. I'll be saying an extra special prayer about all that fluid. Erica, Emily, Lyndie, Jim, and I all send our love to both of you. I hope you both sleep well tonight.

Aunt Robin

10:07 PM  
Blogger carmelapples said...

Hey Girls!

I've been out of town for a few days. Anxious to catch up with you. So, Dr. T is at it again, huh? Shall we get out the SuperSoaker again, Rambo?

We are praying, praying, praying that the fluids come off soon. I'm sure that is so uncomfortable.

I think of you both all day long and every time I do I say a prayer. Today I'm praying that you'll both have a very comfortable, fun, "dry" day! :)

Love, Aunt Deb xoxo

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Angie -- We're all praying for you and Bailey and know it's gonna be okay -- that fluid is gonna come off!!!

Linda C

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home