Sunday, September 16, 2007

Trying to Get Some Fluid Off

Today was a quiet day. Watched 2 movies while Bailey worked all day long with her beads. They're trying another diuretic in addition to Lasix, but now I can't remember the name of it. It starts with a Z (or maybe an X, if it's pronounced as a "z"). Ziroxilin, maybe? It's not getting the fluid off very quickly, but she is going to the bathroom quite often. Her legs, ankles and feet are swelling up today. Not sure if that's additional fluid, or just fluid moving around. She'll get weighed in the morning, so we'll see then if she's losing any weight. I think the plan is to get cardioverted tomorrow. I would like to see them keep us here to get at least half her belly off, but that's just for my peace of mind. Her belly skin is getting stretched so far now that it's starting to look shiny. I just feel so bad for her. She's so uncomfortable, but doesn't complain. She's my hero.

That's pretty much it. Just hanging out with our medical team. Saw a little bit of the Colts game. Took naps. You know the drill.

I'll talk to you later!

Angie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your sweet little souls...or should I say "Bless your sweet great big gigantic souls"! Will be keeping one eye on you and one eye on God who protects you every moment. He is so good and faithful. You are both my heroes!

love to you...Mary Ann

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You both have such tremendous heart and courage! It was an honor to do the "Heart Walk" with both of you. We'll hope you're home soon!
Love, Diane

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie:

Bailey doesn't need stretch marks !!! Get something to lubricate her skin. I don't know what they call it now, but when I was worried about stretch marks (a couple of years ago) it was called "Mother's Friend".

Love you, Bossy Carol......

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home