Sunday, January 13, 2008

Getting Back to "Normal"

Bailey's first week back to school went very well. I went back to work too, and we were both so nervous. She was nervous to see everyone again - teachers and friends - and was afraid to work through 2 semesters at once. And I was nervous halfway expecting a call from the school nurse telling me Bailey didn't feel well, but I never got one! Her half days are working out pretty well, but it's hard on Tom. He has to get up in the middle of his "night" (he works nights and doesn't get home until 6:00 in the morning) to either drop Bailey off at school or pick her up. Maybe the 1/2 days won't have to last very long.

She's doing so well - both physically and with homework. I can see a big difference in her physical strength in just 1 week at school. We went to the Y today so Marissa could shoot her basketball and break in her new basketball shoes in preparation for her first basketball practice this Friday night. And Bailey and I shot around while Josie worked with Marissa. Bailey would get a little tired and have to step aside and rest a minute, but she told me it was a "good" tired and not a "sick" tired. She said she could definitely tell a difference between a healthy tired and a sick tired. I'm so happy it was a healthy tired. I found myself having this stupid little smile on my face while staring at Bailey who was getting ready to shoot the ball. I couldn't help but think back to just 2 months ago when she was so, so sick and was 30 pounds heavier. I was truly scared for our future. She has come so far in a very short amount of time. I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with the girls - all of them! - at the gym. I am so so thankful to have each one of them here with me. I can't imagine life without them. They are such a joy - even in the midst of their occasional bickering back and forth - I thank God that he has blessed me with the best girls in the world.

I didn't feel too well today - nauseous and headache - and each of the girls came up to me at different times and hugged me to tell me they love me. How much better is life than that?

Josie is in the thick of her basketball - her first game is this week. She has found out she's on the "B" team. She was a little disappointed she's not on the "A" team, of course, but she seems to be enjoying it. And Marissa is so excited about her basketball starting. Yesterday was such a beautiful sunny day that we went to her school and played on the playground basketball courts there for a while. She's afraid she won't be as good as the other kids and won't be able to shoot as far. Her biggest fear is that she won't be able to reach the goal from the free-throw line. I told her she might very well not be able to reach it, but Josie couldn't reach it either when she started playing, and I remember when I started in the 5th grade that I couldn't reach it either. I don't know if that made her feel better, but it seems to suffice for the moment.

I'm so happy to be a mom to Bailey, Josie and Marissa.

Have a great week everyone!

Angie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad the first week back at school and work went well. I hope this week goes just as smoothly. Thanks for the update!

Love,

Jennifer

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angie and Girls:

I've been checking the blog almost daily and was glad each day to see nothing but the adorable pictures.

This latest blog was a joy to read.

Love, CAROL

XOXOXOxo

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home