Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Pretty Calm Day

Not as much visiting the bathroom today as yesterday - for some reason, the lasix and the milranone didn't seem to affect her like it did yesterday. And she woke up a pound heavier this morning, even with a bunch of fluid out yesterday. However, she received a dose of lasix about an hour ago and she's gone 3 times already. So that's good!

It's really tough not knowing where we are going to end up in this little bump in the road. It's definitely a time of putting all trust in God because we know that he has known the plan for a long long time. Once again, we just have to see how it all plays out. Nighttime is the worst for me. You know how it is at night when your mind seems to have a mind of its own - lots of thoughts pass through that are full of fear at the moment but get back to reality when we wake up. So, I'm not sleeping too well. And today, for some reason, I haven't had the desire to eat. I know, I know. I can hear you all right now. "You gotta eat!" I'm eating. My jeans are not as tight as they were last week (which is a good thing), but have no fear - I'm eating. Just had a rough day today.

Bailey's working hard on her homework - there is lots of it. The laptop is coming in very handy, and they even brought her a flash drive to use for her essays. I don't think she felt quite as good today as she did yesterday, but it just might have been worrying about not as much fluid coming off today.

So, Dr. D's new plan: They are leaving her in flutter to give the newest medication enough time to build up in her system. They don't plan on cardioverting until Monday or Tuesday. If her fluid remains stable these next 2 days, they might send us home on Friday for the weekend and to return for the cardioversion on Mon. or Tues. Or, if they decide she needs to be monitored, we'll stay here. Josie has a birthday Saturday. She has planned an overnight party with 6 of her friends for months now. So, our plan is that even if Bailey is still here Friday night, I will be going home to help Josie with her overnight party and will return to Bailey on Saturday. I'm not sure if we're hoping that Bailey goes home Friday or not - she feels much safer here and she doesn't like being in flutter. She's never been in flutter for this long before - I think it makes us all a little nervous. But that's OUR plan - we'll see what God's plan is, huh?

Bailey just strolled down here with her I.V. pole and told me I have to hurry and get back to the room - she's watching some show on TV where they are sculpting things out of fruit and somebody just dropped theirs on the floor. She's telling me to "Hurry! You've GOT to see this." And then shuffled back to her room.

So, I must go!

Love you all and a good night!

Angie
(Sorry - I'm not even proofreading this! Hope it's not too bad! Gotta run!!)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie -

Oh,my goodness. I have waited all day to hear how Bailey's doing. I
completely understand the nighttime thing. I just pray that all of a sudden everything just "works". I know that sometimes it takes patience and time. If I can help this weekend with anything please let me know.
I'll be praying and thinking of both of you.

Peace-

Dee- (Mark & Kids, too!)

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my Angie and Bailey girls! I'm sitting here watching the DCI Championship and wondering if you are watching it too. Sure takes me back Ang....how much fun we had for four years! Patience and time are your two best friends right now and God has control of both. He will take care of you! When you lay your head down to sleep Angie....just think about the aqua blue ocean at Seaside and I promise the waves will take you to sleep. I love you my friend.

Mary Ann

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey & Angie:

Things to do today -

1. Check on Bailey through the blog.

2. Now, think about the rest of the day.

Priorities are priorities !!!!

Love and hugs,

CAROL

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey and Angie: We'll continue to trust in your strength, and the help of God to get you both through this. See you soon. Love, Diane

8:29 AM  
Blogger carmelapples said...

Hey girls,

It was great to see you lastnight. Bailey, it's always a joy to see you smile. Glad you were feeling better. Hope you get the t-shirts for the party done today!

Have fun teaching Dr. Matt "Slide". You definitely need to get your photo taken with him...you know for the scrapbook and all! :)

Love you lots. Have fun with Jenny tomorrow.

Aunt Deb

8:30 AM  
Blogger Aunt Debi said...

Hey Bails! Hope you are having a good day today, thinking about you as always. Hang in there all will be well I have faith and I know you do as well. Your Dad has been keeping us all posted. You are so lucky to have your Dad and Nancy and Mom and Tom and they are equally lucky to have you. I love You! P.S. Uncle John is the bomb @ Math make him help you!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Angie. Its Danny here.. i understand about the sleeping @ night thing... as long as I wasn't at the hospital I could sleep... I was always worried to sleep when i was with kat. scared I'd miss something. lots of coffey and lots of cappaccino from the 2nd floor new born ICU. i think thats what it was.... I talked to Kat today. finally, she keeps cracking her rips for some reason. not sure how, she didn't go into specifics. well, prayin for the family.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home