Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Pizza Hut Talk

Bailey woke up at 10:00 this morning because she was asked to talk to a room full of Pizza Hut employees about her stay here at Riley and her brief medical history. Pizza Hut is getting ready to do a fundraiser for Riley Hospital, so they had some patients talk to them for motivation. Bailey did a GREAT job. The view of the room was blocked right up to the doorway leading in to the room, and we immediately walked in to a room full of about 40 or 50 people all staring at us. I heard Bailey actually wimper from behind her mask, and I nearly fainted because I thought I was going to have to talk to these people (I don't do well talking to more than about 3 people at a time!), but they were very nice and welcoming people and asked Bailey lots of easy questions. We were only in there about 5 minutes, but I was very proud of her. She explained everything better than anyone else would be able to (with the exception of maybe Dr. T, but he would have been too boring - haha!!).

When we got back to the room, we were talking about how well she did explaining everything, and I asked her if she was going to go into the medical field when she grew up. She said yes, and then I asked whose job she would like to have out of all the people here we know and have met recently. She said she wanted to be a nurse right here on the Heart Center. I said, "Cool! You could be working with Dr. T some day." She said, "Hardly! He'd be like 80." We both laughed about that for a while. Then Dr. T came in and we had to tell him about our conversation. I said to him, "Wouldn't you like to work with Bailey?" And he rolled his eyes and mumbled something about early retirement. He would love it and he knows it!

Bailey woke up with a terrible headache this morning. She somehow managed to make it through the Pizza Hut talk but when we got back up to the room, it was back for a short time again. Luckily it went away very quickly and hasn't come back since. We're thinking it was lingering effects of the IVIG she had last Friday - nausea and/or headache seem to come and go for 3 or 4 days out.

In our emotional breakdown yesterday, I don't think I reported that they did an echo on Bailey yesterday. It was just to take another look to make sure nothing in her heart has changed to where they would re-think transplant. We haven't heard anything about the results, so we're fairly certainly that means no change.

Got a lot of science homework done today - got some more jewelry orders in today. There was a litte girl next door (10 years old) who was discharged and sent home this afternoon, but before she left her mom came over and said her daughter would love to have a piece of jewelry from Bailey, so Bailey whipped her up a bracelet. She was so happy to get it - she just smiled and waved good-bye on the way out the door.

We had an incredible lunch outside in the courtyard again today. It was sooooooo beautiful outside!

The nurses are going to try and help me get Bailey to bed earlier. They're doing her dressing change at 10am and 10pm so they can be out of the way for an 11:00 bedtime. We'll see how that works tonight. She was already whining about it earlier this evening, so maybe all the whining is out of the way. (I know! I'm not holding my breath.)

Thank you, guys, for all your comments out there. They are so nice to ready - like electronic greeting cards of encouragement and support. Thank you all for taking the time to lift our spirits. We look forward to reading them every evening. We love you all!

Have a good night and a great day tomorrow.

Love, Angie


10 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Debbie A said...

Good Morning Glories!

It is a beautiful morning. We had a house full of high school teens this morning for our monthly Sonrise Cafe at 6am! This was our big wrapup for the school year, so I got up at 5am to make breakfast casserole and 50 pancakes!! They just about licked all the pans clean! It's a good thing I had two girls!! I've never seen guys EAT THE WAY THEY DID! It kind of reminded me of watching G'pa Christmas feed the pigs! : ) I love em'...they're great kids.

I hope you can go outside for lunch again today. It is beautiful. I don't want to work! To tell you the truth...I could really use a nap right now and it's only 8:30!

Ang-you would be so proud of me! I have planted over 8 different kinds of flowers this Spring...AND THEY'RE ALL STILL ALIVE! Can you believe it! I think you're starting to rub off on me. I don't understand why the nurseries won't sell you seperate little things of ivy, though. They made me buy a whole flat...so the next time you come you might have to hack your way through the ivy just to get to the front door! I guess that would be one way of "fixing" the two-toned siding we have! ha ha

Hey Bailey, I'm bringing a "fun thing to do" Thursday night. No...I'm not telling you! You'll just have to wait and see. Although you do get to do so many cool things every day...so try not to act disappointed. No, seriously, I think we'll have fun. What are you going to do without Survivor? Did you pick Tom to win?

You guys have to see if you can get a "bootleg" copy of the movie "Kickin' and Screamin'"...the one with Will Farrell. It is hilarious!! You would really love it Bailey! We laughed so hard we were sore when the movie ended. He is so funny! And it is rated PG!! Have "your people" work on that for you! : )

Well, chicks, I'm praying you have a memorable day. This weather qualifies for a scrapbook, I'll tell ya! See you tomorrow! Have your table cleared off, cause we're gonna need it! : ) Oh, yeah! Oh yeah! You just try to guess!!!!!!! : )
Anything sound good to eat that you can't get your hands on there?

Love you guys, Aunt Debbie x0x0x0x0x0x0x0

8:58 AM  
Blogger carol said...

Hi, Angie and Bailey! Thinking of you so much and wishing that I could somehow make it all easier for you! Just know that you are loved and very special to a lot of people who are endlessly praying for you and wishing that this will all be over very soon and that you (Bailey) will be skipping and playing with all of your friends again outside in that beautiful sunshine! Sure enjoyed helping you with your puzzle last Saturday? How long did it take for you to finish it? It looked pretty challenging! Papa is much better and sends you his love and a great big hug! See you soon and keep Dr. T on his toes! You can do it if anyone can! Ha!

3:44 PM  
Blogger carol said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Hey Angie and Bailey!!

Hope you both are doing well today and went outside today for lunch, what a beatiful day. Did you watch the Country Music awards last nigt? Keith Urban won some award, I don't remember the name of it. (thought of you Bailey when I read about it this morning)

Do you guys know anything about this? (WFMS Riley Radiothon, June 2, 3 & 4)

Just wanted to say hello and let you both know that I am thinking about you.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

Hi Angie and Bailey! I have felt so out of it the past few days - my computer needed a transplant too!!!! As soon as it was fixed tonight I came on as soon as I could to see what was going on!

This time spent in the hospital has certainly become your biggest challenge. But I'm sure these posts help you so much - they really are a help to us "out here" too! We can laugh with you and cry with you! And I know I've said it before - you both really are an inspiration! As Diane said, the traffic just doesn't matter, does it?

I hope you guys have a good day tomorrow. Bailey - try not to harass Dr. T. too much - he can't help it - he's only a guy!

Love,
Annette :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Melodie said...

Hey Bailey- I hope that things are going good. I am hoping to stop by and make a visit sometime next week after class since I am taking classes at IUPUI now..I am sick of school and I bet you are sick of all of the homework that you have to catch up on. Well school for you is almost out. Well take care sweetie!!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Melodie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Melodie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Melodie said...

sorry for postinf it 3 times...i could not figure it out... :)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Aunt Debi said...

Bailey: Hi sweetie, it was great to spend time with you this past weekend and I love the necklace you made for me. Thanks for getting the other jewelry finished as well, I guess with those high prices your charging you have to make sure you crank it out. I wish I could have been there to see you speak to the Pizza Hut people I am sure they thought you were quite impressive. Uncle John was mad that we got to spend so much time with you this weekend , he said no way we are going without him next time. We miss you honey and I hope you have a marvelous day tomorrow, keep smiling good things are going to happen soon. We Love You All!.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home