Sunday, March 16, 2008

Can you believe? - gallstone

Bailey's been having a pain in her upper right side for the past 3 weeks. It only lasts about 15 to 30 minutes. It started out once every 2 or 3 days, but now is every day. Last Thursday, the school nurse called and said Bailey was in a lot of pain and it was a lot worse than she's had. So after talking with our cardiology team, they suggested we go to the E.R. at Riley. We got there at 12:45 in the afternoon and at 9:00pm - after a urine test, blood test, belly X-rays and CT Scan - they said she has a gallstone about 8mm in diameter (don't know if that's big or not - seems like it). She now has to add a low fat diet to her low sodium diet - which really shouldn't be too much different than what we're already doing because it seems that the foods higher in fat are also higher in sodium. We have to follow up with a G.I. doctor to see what our options are. Dr. Darragh isn't too hip (and neither are we!) on any surgery any time soon, so if we can at all avoid that, that would make us all happy. I haven't been able to write about this until today (Sunday evening) because the girls and I spent the weekend at a cabin out in the middle of nowhere in Brown County with 2 of my sisters, my aunt and one of my nieces. It was soooooo nice! We didn't get ANY of the rain that was supposed to be dumped on that area so the girls got to explore in the woods. I wanted to stay and live there forever - so peaceful. Mom couldn't make it because she stayed home to take care of dad - his scooter dumped him out onto the cold hard ground when he was coming down the ramp on his van - he hurt his knee pretty badly. Not broken, but bad enough that he's needing some extra help to get around the house.

Gotta go - I'm knee-deep in laundry!

Have a good week!
Angie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie and Bailey: 8mm sounds BIG to me! Hope you can hang in there, and avoid another Riley stay!
It's GREAT to hear that the weekend went well, we were worried.

Take care.
Diane

6:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear that Bailey has a gallstone. It was so great to read that she went sledding without any problems! Things that sound little to other people are so huge in situations like hers. I am glad you all had a nice weekend in the woods. I will keep Bailey and your family in my prayers.

Take care!
Angie W.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home