Thursday, June 23, 2005

Dippin' Dots

Bailey broke a record and slept until noon today. I was pretty bored.

I talked to one of the cleaning guys, James. He's got a very interesting story. He's from Haiti and came over here for computer school. He still has family back in Haiti and gets to visit them. He's a great room-cleaner! He's come to our aid with glitter spills often.

We went down to get lunch and found a cooler full of Dippin' Dots! I squealed - I love those things! (If you don't know what they are, they're little tiny pellets of ice cream.) So we picked up six packages. Bailey ate one and we put the rest in the freezer. About four hours later, we decided to have a Dippin' Dots snack. I went to the freezer and found only one left - someone had picked them out of our bag with our name on it. Can you believe it?! I'm depressed now. I'll try again tomorrow to get my Dippin' Dots fix.

I hear it got pretty hot today. I got to spend some time in the garden in the shade and it was quite pleasant. However, this female mallard duck flew in for a landing and began pecking at my ankles. She kept staring at me and I was afraid she was going to attack and peck all my hair out! It was a strange feeling to be watched so closely. But she decided to spread her love, and went to bug another table.

Josie started cello lessons this week and loves it! She's really excited about it and her teacher says she's doing a really good job. Rissy batted again in softball. She's got the hang of it now.

That's pretty much it for the day. Have a great Friday tomorrow!

Love,
Angie

5 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

Angie - your kids are so cool! Josie taking cello lessons - that is great! I'm impressed with anyone who plays an instrument since I can't play anything! You'd think that since I can type fast I could play the piano - but no. So I consider myself a professional listener!

It really is hot out! It's going to be in the 90's today and tomorrow. I'm glad you got to go out - I can't imagine a duck picking at your hair though - maybe she just wanted to bond with you! I'm surprised she even got that close.

Have you heard anything more from the doctors about Bailey's EKG? How often to they take them? Give her a big hug from me, okay? Have a good day and stay cool!!!!

Love,
Annette

6:53 AM  
Blogger Aunt Vickie said...

Hey Ang, are you sure the whole duck thing wasn't one of your weird dreams?

Anyway, keep cool, its going to be a hot weekend. (Maybe you got heat stroke! :) Just kidding)

Love you much,
Aunt Vickie

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Lindsay said...

Hey Girls,
O my Gosh, i love dippin dots too!!! They are my favorite!!! Have you tried Coldstone Creamery?? Oh my it is soooo good! I better get going..bye
lindsay*

9:54 AM  
Blogger John Marske said...

Hello Bailey.

I have a friend named Todd Mauer, and he asked me to drop you a note. It is a boring Friday afternoon and I was reading some of your previous blogs. How cool!!

Over the past three years I have had 4 different friends who were very sick and started blogs just like yours. All four of these friends are very dear to me because they have all been proof of miracles in my life. They are now well.

I met Todd Mauer through a group of people that met once a month to listen to leaders in the Indianapolis community. It was pretty neat, and we learned about the impact that some of these leaders had on the community.

But that brings me back to my miracle friends. I don't believe that anyone has more of an impact on the community (and mankind) than my miracle friends. Through their illnesses my miracle friends have made others stronger. They have brought others closer together than ever before because they give a common cause for hope. The miracle of these friends is not only in their survival, but rather the love that they are able to spread across all those who hear their stories. It is a shame that it seems sometimes illness is necessary to get others closer to heaven. But the neat thing is that us others will always remember you and always thank you.

Bailey, You are now one of my miracle friends.

God Bless,

John M.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann Lucas said...

Hi my girls!!!!!!! How dare someone steal your dippin' dots! The nerve, I say. I'm so sorry that I've not written this week or been up to see you! Life just keeps coming and getting more complicated all the time. I may have some fun news here soon and I'll tell you about it when I see you. I think you will love it!

I love you two so much! Prayers come your way still every day. I am cracking up at the duck story Angie. I think you are really Dr. Doolittle and the Duck was simply saying "Hello". Funny!

I'll come up to see you this Monday or Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

love...Mary Ann

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home