Monday, June 20, 2005

Puzzles, puzzles and more puzzles

Dr. T came in this morning and started flashlight wars with Bailey. I gotta say, I enjoy those much more than water fights!

Today was a day of puzzles. Brandon came to spend the day with us today and helped put together a 3-D puzzle of ocean fish. It is so neat! I'll post a picture of it - it's a sphere about the size of a basketball. And it stays together by itself -- we were rolling it on the floor. It's really neat! That was fun. Then we played a couple card games before Brandon had to leave (one was this stupid United States game that us older people (Nancy and I) couldn't compete with the quickness of the younger folk (Brandon and Bailey)), and we started in on another jigsaw puzzle. Bailey said we're staying up until it's together, and I agreed. I hope I can make it!

Dane came to visit again today. He had a cath today and will be having surgery soon - they're deciding when and how extensive. Please pray for him and his family. He's such a sweet 1-year old with the cutest smile I have ever seen!

Bailey asked Dr. T today if she could change her Friday shots back to epogen (they had changed it about 6 or 8 weeks ago to aranesp (sp?)). It's a shot that boosts her blood count. The aranesp has given her huge dark bruises in her arms and legs - wherever the shot is given that particular week - and they hurt very badly. He went to investigate and came back saying, "Who's your buddy, who's your pal?" After Bailey pathetically whined that he was, he discontinued the shot altogether! She was soooooo excited!! And so was I -- maybe my ear drum won't burst anymore on Friday evenings. (She hangs on to my arm and yells in my ear when she gets them. She's sitting right here saying, "I do not!", but I sincerely beg to differ! Ask here nurses!!)

Debbie, can you bring your stamps again for Bailey? Thanks!
Vickie, can you bring some more dark chocolate M&M's for Dr. T and a jar of chunky peanut butter for Bailey? Thanks!
And, just for the record, Scott has declared that he did not go on a "cleaning rampage" over the weekend. It was instigated by the nurses and he was simply assisting. (There! Is that better?)

Have a great day, everyone!
Angie

P.S. Bailey says Hi!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Baily:

I was with your friend, Todd Maurer, over the weekend. We are classmates in a group called Stanley K. Lacy. On one of our first class days long ago, Todd talked about you, and has kept us up to date as to your progress over time. I just wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you that you are obviously a brave young lady, and although I have not had the opportunity to meet you personally, I have a lot of adminration for you and wish you thebest of of luck.

Scott A. Brown

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you can just ask your doctor to stop giving you a shot?!! Bailey you must have talent!!! Thats a great gift to have!haha
Talk to you later,
lindsay

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home