Thursday, June 02, 2005

Bailey's On the Radio

Believe it or not, Bailey woke up this morning at 6:30 and we made it down to the atrium at 7:00 to meet Jim Denny and listen to the WFMS radiothon. It was so much fun! First time I've heard the morning show in 4 months! Jim Denny (Mimi's husband) is such a sweetheart - and so are Kevin and Debra, of course. They were trying to get Bailey to talk with them a little bit this morning, but she was too nervous. But they played a Keith Urban song just for her!

We went back upstairs at 10:00 to meet Michelle, Bailey's teacher, to get some more math work done. Michelle didn't stay too long before she let Bailey take a nap. Then she came back later and worked 2 or so more hours on math. They're almost done! They think they'll be able to finish up tomorrow. Yeah!!! No more homework!!!

Mimi went on the air at 4:00 this afternoon, and Bailey and I met her down there shortly thereafter. I knew there was high risk that I would get emotional, but I certainly didn't expect to cry at the first words out of Mimi's mouth which were something like, "I have my special friend, Bailey, here with me today . . .". That was enough to do it for me! Bailey held up just fine, though. She even did the weather reports for them, and got lots of people to call in pledges. 192, to be exact! They started out with a goal of 100 for the "Bailey/Village Pantry Power Hour", then when they met that, they increased it to 150 for for the hour and a half, and they blew that out of the water with 192. A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you out there who phoned in. The people answering the phones would yell over to us and say, "such-and-such called in and said hi!"; and "your Aunt such-and-such just called!". I'm sure we weren't informed of everyone who called in, but we did get the messages from a lot of you, and THANK YOU for helping Riley out! It truly is a special place full of special people - patients and the medical staff. Bailey's sleeping in in the morning to be able to have enough "umph" to finish math, but Mimi asked her to join her again in the same time slot in the afternoon tomorrow. So, listen again, and you'll probably hear Bailey. If you didn't get a chance to call your pledge in today, there's plenty of time tomorrow . . . don't forget!! (The Radiothon runs through Saturday.)

No battery issues today! We plugged in everywhere we went, and we didn't stray too far. Shwewh! ( . . . or however you would spell that)

I've got a short Dr. T story to share. He came in this afternoon when she was taking her nap. I could just tell that he wanted to torment her. So, he picked up this gold crown made out of pipe cleaners that someone made for her this morning at the radiothon. He placed it on her head while she was sleeping and stood next to her so I could take a picture of them. We both had too much fun with that one! It's very entertaining to watch them try to one-up the other. I showed Bailey the picture this afternoon, and she said, "What?!!!"

Have a good night, everyone! Bailey will talk to you tomorrow on the radio - same time, same place!

Good night,
Angie

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so awesome to hear you both on the radio today. I am so incredibly proud of the strength that you both have. I love you both and keep praying that tomorrow will be the day!! Hearing on the radio how choked up Mimi got really got to me.
See you soon
Love - Great Aunt Robin

10:34 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

This is your "other" Aunt Robin. I heard you on the radio today. Can you believe it? Yes, just for you, I listened to a country radio station almost all day so I wouldn't miss you. You did a great job of course. Erica, Emily & Lyndie were listening in too. They think you're famous now. Great weather report by the way. Sure love you lots.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bailey and Angie, Watch Out! we'll have those others converted to country listeners before you know it..ha ha..See you this afternoon. Bailey goodluck on your test this morning.
love you, mimi

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey and Angie,
I am friends with Aunt Cindy (Hale) and have been reading your updates every day. Our family has been praying for you all every day. Although we have never met, between talking to Cindy and reading the updates, I feel like I know you. I really admire the strength you both show! I listened to the radio show yesterday until I got too far into Greene County and lost the station. I really enjoyed hearing you both and found myself laughing and then crying. Loved the weather report! It was great to hear that you got 192 pledges! We will continue to pray for your family and for the donor's family.

In God's Love,
DeAnn Reinhart

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girls
I just wanted to drop you a note from Virginia and let you know that you have a contingent of fans here too. Mom (Carol) keeps me updated and of course I read the blog which is really great. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time. Being a Riley alum, I know how hard this time period can be.
BTW, if you get a couple of things from NASA, you will know who is behind them.
Take care - Jane and Bob Hostetler

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bailey and Angie
My son and I lissoned to the radio all day waiting for Bailey. It was so cute my son (Justin) kept saying "I want to see Bailey." He'll be 3 in July so you know he doesn't understand you can't see people on the radio. But anyways Bailey you did a great job. Keep up on the great work on the radio and raising all that money. "You go girl!!!"
Angie if you don't mind could we come up to visit on Thurs.? Justin has an appointment with Dr. G. Would actully give Justin the chance to "see Bailey"

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girls:
Bailey it was so good to hear you toady on the radio... You know there are sooooooooo many peps out there that ove you and are praying for you. You are such an inspiration to us all and I love you and your Mom so much. Ang, I miss you so much at R&L and hope you are hanging in there. I will be up to see you both here in the next week or so. Bailey you are the bomb!!!! I do have to say after the day you both had on Wedneday ( I believe) I was worn out reading the update. Whew, what a trip!!

Marissa and Josie you two are both such inspirations to us all, living day to day without mom being their at home. Tom, you have a heart of gold.
Love and prayers to you all....
Lori

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home